NEXT STEP

Certain songs won´t play

Solved!

Certain songs won´t play

Operating System

Windows 10

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

Well, since some days i have the problem that im not able to play some songs of random artist.

After reinstalling Spotify it used to work but some days later it´s starting to do it again.

I'll attach an image of what it looks like trying to play a song thats not working

Thanks for any help

4e5bf63ee765782e37d0038df33c5364.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @nan1 and @cruse

I suggest taking a look in your hosts file. 🙂

Sometimes it may contain entries that are related to Spotify, and as a result of the file rerouting Spotify traffic to void or loopback, your Spotify app is likely going to act dysfunctional.
It's easy to check and edit hosts, you just need admin rights!

Try this:

1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like

0.0.0.0 website.com
127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:

0.0.0.0 spclient.wg.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I came here to post the same exact issue!! It plays on the phone, and on my other desktop version running windows 10. I get the same image when I try to play one song- it even dissapears from my playlists I had added it to. I can search for it, but when I try to play it nothing happens. If I try to add it to the playlist again, it tells me I am adding a duplicate (Although it's not there)

What a frustrating bug.

Marked as solution

Hey @nan1 and @cruse

I suggest taking a look in your hosts file. 🙂

Sometimes it may contain entries that are related to Spotify, and as a result of the file rerouting Spotify traffic to void or loopback, your Spotify app is likely going to act dysfunctional.
It's easy to check and edit hosts, you just need admin rights!

Try this:

1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like

0.0.0.0 website.com
127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:

0.0.0.0 spclient.wg.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Awesome!! Thank you so much, all my friends feed even came back, and all my songs play again. 

Suggested posts