My Question or Issue
Well, since some days i have the problem that im not able to play some songs of random artist.
After reinstalling Spotify it used to work but some days later it´s starting to do it again.
I'll attach an image of what it looks like trying to play a song thats not working
Thanks for any help
Solved! Go to Solution.
I suggest taking a look in your hosts file. :)
Sometimes it may contain entries that are related to Spotify, and as a result of the file rerouting Spotify traffic to void or loopback, your Spotify app is likely going to act dysfunctional.
It's easy to check and edit hosts, you just need admin rights!
1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to
3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like
0.0.0.0 website.com 127.0.0.1 website2.com
Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:
0.0.0.0 spclient.wg.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net
(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.
Let me know how it goes :)