Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changes Do Not Stick (data sync issue?)

Changes Do Not Stick (data sync issue?)

My single biggest complaint about the desktop app is that changes to playlists and user settings do NOT stick. I see them, but when I close the app (or log out and back in), the changes become undone and things go back to what they looked like before the changes. Sometimes (or sometimes not), after a few DAYS, the changes magically reappear. What the **bleep** is causing this?????

I'm talking about playlist images, titles, descriptions, secret/public (but not the tracks added/removed, thankfully). I'm also talking about settings like "publish my activity on spotify" or "show my current top artists".

It seems like the changes happen behind the scene, but they don't permanently display. Is this some kind of data sync issue/delay with an online database and my local cache?

I'm on Windows 7 with Spotify version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78

My current solution is to never make changes, but instead create a new playlist and move the tracks over from the old playlist to the new one (and delete the old playlist, so bascially nobody will be able to follow any of my playlists).

2 Replies

Yeah, I see this often as well. It seems like adding or changing a playlist image is the thing that typically has issues with taking effect immediately. But I've seen the same problem with other things like playlist descriptions, secret/public and title. I've mention the issue myself in a couple other posts, but still no response or explanation from anyone.

I tried your idea of creating a new playlist (and transfering tracks) with the image I wanted, rather than chaning the image of an existing playlist, and even that STILL did not work for me. I see a blank (no image) even after my image uploaded and saved successfully. Seriously annoying!!

Ignore this reply. Thought I had a solution to the problem, but nope.

Suggested posts