Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Chromebook] Song stops randomly

Solved!

[Chromebook] Song stops randomly

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Chromebook

Operating System

Chrome OS

My Question or Issue

My song will play regularly, but stops at 9 seconds, pauses for like 5 seconds, then plays again. I've tried signing out, restarting my computer, even using a whole other browser.

48 Replies

I'm having the same porblem.  Is there any sign of a fix?

Because they have wrongfully marked this as solved they will not help us anymore on this. Go to this topic if you want more help. - https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Songs-stop-for-about-5-seconds-9-seco...

This is not helpful, this problem is persistent and clearly not a network issue for so many of us.

Rubbish!..sort it

I cleared my cache data and cookies AND tried rebooting nothing has happened. Still, have the same issue. 

My Chromebook is the Samsung Chromebook 3

And my Chrome Version is 78

You have GOT to be kidding! I am not being rude just honest. That is NOT an acceptable answer for those of us (especially those of us who are paying customers) and have absolutely NO problem with anything else working on our computers. ONLY SPOTIFY stops every nine seconds with every song I play. I am not accepting this as a "solution" as I still have the same nine second stop and have had for over 3 months. I have tried everything and nothing works. PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE! I have left information many times. Acer 15 CB3-532 chromebook - Left all other info already. Seems to me Spotify really doesn't care about those of us who use chromebooks. We are thrown into the category in help as "other" - That says it all. Not Mac, Windows etc..."other"

I'm not afraid to sound stupid so here goes...WHERE would you like us to "click + vote? " I see nothing here in your answer that explains where you would like us to vote, where to leave our information etc. I apologize for my idiocy ahead of time but found the answer rather vague and confusing. I left all information you asked for somewhere a few days ago but, again, being challenged, I find the entire "HELP" section so confusing I am never sure the plethora of "Replies" - "likes" etc anywhere where people find or read them. I sometimes get lucky and find a post I have left but, my constant and "ongoing issue" is LITERALLY that...on going. It never gets fixed, I have never found a solution and yet I pay for your "product" every month and have done so faithfully for many years. (Never once late - Never once missed or forgot a payment) Please enlighten me as to where I could leave a "+ vote" - the list of information you need from everyone, and where it should be posted so this "ON GOING ISSUE" perhaps, could end up with a REAL and PERMANENT SOLUTION. Thanks Peter and again, sorry for my ignorance.

My internet is around 100ms yet this STILL happens with me! Weird

Not true.  It is only on my Chromebook that it pauses and restarts, not my phone or TV.

Suggested posts