Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clear recently played list on Home page of Desktop App

Clear recently played list on Home page of Desktop App

On the "HOME" page on the desktop app, the first thing you see is the "Recently Played" list. I just want the ability to be able to clear this or hide this list, as it often doesnt reflect what I want to listen to on when I use the desktop app, because it gets populated by people at home using the Alexa Spotify app.

Thanks,

David

5 Replies

Hey @davidyork,

You can selectively remove each 'PLAYLIST', 'ARTIST', OR 'ALBUM' from your Recently Played while using our Desktop app by:

1. hoovering the mouse on the thumbnail of the items you'd like to remove from the list
  2. clicking on the three-dots (...) icon next to the 'Play' button
  3. clicking on 'Remove from Recently Played'

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Mario - thanks for your reply. However, the option to remove is not available to me. Clicking on the 3 dots only offers:

- Add to queue

- Go to artist radio

- Go to artist

- Save to your library

- Add to playlist

- Share.

I am currently running windows desktop version 1.1.24.91.g4ca6d5eb

Thanks,

David

He is pointing to you to the left side bar , the one with the your Library. which you can`t do in the home page.
I find it preposterous,not being able to edit your home page in the desktop app. And getting recomendation to stuff you dont want to hear.

Thanks for pointing that out to me jc0ss50_-d4jd.

Shame its not the homepage you can do this on, and what is really weird is that the recent items on the home page are not the same as the ones on the recently played side menu!

D.

So this is not the right answer, as this does not remove it from home page. Even if the item is removed from the "recently played" tab in side bar, it keeps showing on the homepage "recently played" section.

Suggested posts