Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clearing the play queue

Solved!

Clearing the play queue

I saw one post that said there was a clear button by the queue, but I can't find that anywhere, and I really don't want to go and remove each song individually. How do I clear the queue?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Kyesel

Let's try this:

Go to any of your playlists, right-click on some song (or hit the three dots on it) and choose 'Add to Play Queue'. This song should appear in the 'Next In Queue' section which is what you can clear out.

Spotify has always had this two-layered queue. One is the base queue, some album or playlist that you have decided to play, and it appears in 'Next up' when you hit play on the playlist or album, or song.

The second layer (Play Queue) is when you want to hear some extra songs, albums or playlists now and not later, but you don't want to lose track on the initially played thing. For this you click the dots on the album, playlist or songs (you can select many songs too) and 'Add to queue'.

You can wipe the Play Queue, but if you want to change the base queue, you just have to choose a different album or playlist.

You can also run out of the album on the base one, in this case you'll just have the queue you can edit, and that's how I used Spotify for a long time...

Let me know how it goes, and if you have more questions! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @Kyesel

There should be a clear button for those songs you have added to the queue. There is no clear button for the 'Next Up' songs. See this:queueueue.JPG

If you still don't have this button even for songs you added to the queue, you should probably reinstall the program. 🙂

Keep me posted... 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

I reinstalled the program, but all I see is "Now Playing" and "Next Up"

I don't even have a section titled "Next In Queue"

I also don't have that clear button anywhere.

Marked as solution

@Kyesel

Let's try this:

Go to any of your playlists, right-click on some song (or hit the three dots on it) and choose 'Add to Play Queue'. This song should appear in the 'Next In Queue' section which is what you can clear out.

Spotify has always had this two-layered queue. One is the base queue, some album or playlist that you have decided to play, and it appears in 'Next up' when you hit play on the playlist or album, or song.

The second layer (Play Queue) is when you want to hear some extra songs, albums or playlists now and not later, but you don't want to lose track on the initially played thing. For this you click the dots on the album, playlist or songs (you can select many songs too) and 'Add to queue'.

You can wipe the Play Queue, but if you want to change the base queue, you just have to choose a different album or playlist.

You can also run out of the album on the base one, in this case you'll just have the queue you can edit, and that's how I used Spotify for a long time...

Let me know how it goes, and if you have more questions! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

I see the option to add individual songs to the play queue, but I can't find this same option for playlists.

@Kyesel

I went to check and true, can't add playlists to the queue, sorry about this misinformation. 🙂 However you should be able to select multiple songs and add them to queue.

By adding songs to the queue like that, are you now able to see the Clear button and 'Next In Queue' section?

SebastySpotify Star

Yes, thank you

Suggested posts