Clicking album art to jump to song in playlist

Plan

Family

Country

Ireland

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Recently (maybe 6 weeks) a feature I used a lot seems to have broken. I listen to music from a large playlist (~3,000 songs) which is sorted by Recently Added. 

I used to be able to click the album art of the currently playing track and it would instantly take me to that track in my playlist. However now all it does is fling me to a random track down near the bottom of the playlist. Since I'm generally listening to songs near the top this is highly frustrating as it means a lot of scrolling waaaaaay back up to the top to find my place again.

Just making sure this bug is logged and hopefully fixed as it was always a quick and easy way to get back to what I was doing after browsing through related artists, bios, other playlists, etc.

Spotify Bug.JPG
28 Replies

I also have a playlist with 3,750 songs and clicking album art does not take me to the current song but instead a random song. Doesn't matter how my list is sorted (or not sorted at all), it will do this. I've tried going to different playlists and still happens. Please fix as it is hard to interact with my large playlist when I have to manually find the song each time.

Interesting that this still happens no matter how the playlist is sorted - I had presumed it was related to sorting by recent but I was too terrified of something breaking to experiment!

Don't understand how an obvious bug like this hangs around for so long. This happens across all my devices. Anytime I want to remove the current song from a long playlist I have to scroll up to the top and TYPE OUT the name of the song in the filter, then right click and remove. 

It's incredibly frustrating! Add yourself to this thread which Spotify claims is being used to help solve the issue: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Desktop-Clicking-on-album-art-highlights-wrong-song...

I have the same problem.

A similar bug has been filed here as well:

- https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Desktop-Clicking-on-album-art-highlights-wrong-song...

- https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Clicking-album-cover-goes-to-wrong-song/td-p/445157...

They are marked as solved but they are definitely not solved.

Apparently clicking the album art jumps to the correct track in the playlist if the playlist is unsorted. But almost always it's sorted in some way or another and then it jumps to a 'random' track.

Does not look like this is intentional behaviour at all. Would love to have this fixed because I used to use it a lot.

Infuriating. I consider switching to Deezer due too much Spotify bugs. But this one takes the cake of most frustrating one.

12 December 2019
Still not fixed...

Here is how it works guys... for me at least. If you unsort the playlist (click on a column title until the green arrow goes away) then the correct track will be highlighted when you click on the album art. But as long as you sort by anything else it's still going to jump to the row where that track is located in unsorted position.

This doesn't work for me as you can see in this GIF I made.

2019-12-12_12-42-27.gif

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

As @eventheminions mentioned, there's a separate thread where this is being investigated.

While we can't provide an exact timeline for a fix, we suggest you check back in the thread and keep your app updated to make sure any changes are reflected in your app.

Let us know if you have any questions - we'll be right here 🙂

I can't believe that such a basic bug is still not resolved and doesn't even seem to bother anyone at spotify. I already reported this bug couple years ago, then it worked for some time with sorted playlists after a program update, now I have to unsort again,   really unbelievable

Hey there @wenhn38,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Rest assured that our tech teams are aware and working on this as mentioned in the Ongoing Issue.

However, we can't say when this should be resolved but the best way to stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on is subscribing to the thread above and adding your +VOTE. 

Further, making sure that the app is always running the latest version available for your device will ensure that you won't miss out on any improvements.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

This is literally a glaring bug with a service nearly all of us pay for monthly- how is "we're workin on it" acceptable? This has been an issue for me for well over a year now and this is not in any way "solved". I don't understand how it could take over a year to re-implement such a simple feature.

I can't believe this bug still hasn't been fixed. I have noticed that (for me, anyway) it seems to occur mainly on my "liked songs" playlist. Still though**bleep** is stupid. Fix it.

This worked for me, thanks! Still annoying that I have to unsort it every time though...crazy how this bug still isn't properly fixed lol. Glad to at least have an option now though, cheers 🙂

What worked for me was to re-install Spotify - now the connection works again. Stupid workaround anyway.

This worked for me too! Thanks!!

Guys!! ONOGRIT's method worked on my behalf. Thanks ONOGRIT!!! you definitely should be replaced by all Spotify's developers because they are full**bleep**!

Try ONOGRIT method, and let me know if it worked!

Suggested posts