Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clicking album art to jump to song in playlist

Clicking album art to jump to song in playlist

Plan

Family

Country

Ireland

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Recently (maybe 6 weeks) a feature I used a lot seems to have broken. I listen to music from a large playlist (~3,000 songs) which is sorted by Recently Added. 

I used to be able to click the album art of the currently playing track and it would instantly take me to that track in my playlist. However now all it does is fling me to a random track down near the bottom of the playlist. Since I'm generally listening to songs near the top this is highly frustrating as it means a lot of scrolling waaaaaay back up to the top to find my place again.

Just making sure this bug is logged and hopefully fixed as it was always a quick and easy way to get back to what I was doing after browsing through related artists, bios, other playlists, etc.

Spotify Bug.JPG
26 Replies

It still doesn't work perfectly. If the playlist hasn't been sorted in any way, it works. But if you sort the playlist by artist, song etc. the wrong track is highlighted, when clicking on the cover of the current song, that is playing. So to conclude, the bug is still there. It is not completed yet.

Hey there @prbs,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

We recommend that you leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread for any updates.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

@Jeremy Why not finally fix a bug that is almost 2 years old at this point?

Hey @Kamakuri,

Thank you for your post.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reach Spotify here.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I just uninstalled / reinstalled to check if this bug is really happening today. It definitely is still happening. I don't know what possible underlying implementation would make it so hard for them to add this basic feature.

Click album art -> bring me to the song that's playing, regardless of the state of the window.

Why am I being punished for sorting my playlists?

I often sort by artist or album and then shuffle play large playlists. That means that this feature is always broken for me, so I don't know if I can even call it a feature, it's more like a permanent bug that I always have to change my behavior to work around.

This has been a bug for a long time - whenever I notice it, it drives me crazy. This is such a basic thing. If you have a long playlist and want to see the currently-playing song in context, your only option is to scroll up and down until you see the song that's listed in green font.

and three years later... nothing changed. just keep sucking that $$$ from us and give us a very basic music player.. man even iTunes in 2002 was more flexible and customizable than an app in 2021...

it's time to switch out of Spotify. 9 years full of bugs and features lacking service. Imagine if this was open source. oh boi we would fix this puppy in days.

shame on you, spotify.

Suggested posts