Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clicking album art to reveal song in playlist focuses on wrong song

Clicking album art to reveal song in playlist focuses on wrong song

If you have the album art view expanded up to the larger size on the lower left of the app, when you click on the image, it will bring the currently playing song into view in the playlist (or if not in a playlist, maybe on the artist's page). However, I've found a bug with this behavior. If there are unavailable songs displayed in your playlist ("Show unavailable songs in playlists" option in settings is turned on), it throws off the vertical scrolling position when trying to find a currently-playing song in a playlist (if the playing song appears in the playlist after a number of unavailable songs in the playlist). The vertical position appears to be offset by the number of unavailable songs, causing the currently playing track to be that far below the song the window focuses on. With the "Show unavailable songs in playlists" option turned off, the playlist view will scroll to show the currently-playing song correctly. Hopefully this can be fixed in a future update. Many of us still like to see unavailable songs in our playlists to keep track of when something goes missing, or for whatever reason, becomes unavailable on Spotify.
7 Replies

Hey @EarHax!

I've noticed that issue as well. I don't know if/when Spotify will fix this, but until then, here's a little "workaround": type the song name into the "Filter" tab at the top of the playlist > click on the song > click on the "X" at the right of the "Filter" tab to see all songs again. This will bring you directly to the song, right where it's placed in the playlist.

Hope this helps, let me know!
Felix

Yeah, usually I can just scroll the playlist view down a bit and find the playing song. But your method would work too if there are so many unavailable songs listed that the scroll position ends up being way off. Thanks!

I these bugs are related.

I have the same issue (Mac OS X).

I have a big playlist (1500 songs) that ifollow, and if i click the album art of the current playing song it goes to a totally different song in the playlist. Very annoying.

Guys, sorry to tell you, but @Peter already told us in December of ‎2019, in another thread about this issue, that they know about this problem. A fix must be right around the corner, don't be so impatient. After all, we are paying customers, they care about our woes.

Speaking of woes: Do you guys have any suggestions on other, obviously worse, (paid) music streaming services, that somehow managed to not have this bug? Especially those, that have a desktop client for Linux. No worries Spotify Technology S.A., I just want to make a list of competitors to Spotify, so I don't pay for their product by accident.

Thanks in advance!

Genius. really spotify great job on this! thanks for caring so much

Hi folks, 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we just came across this thread.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and information with us. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

You can also head here to check the Ongoing issue about this and add your +Vote and Subscribe to the thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts