Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Clicking album cover goes to wrong song

Solved!

Clicking album cover goes to wrong song

Regular

Is this the right place to report bugs?

When I click the album cover to jump to the song's location in a playlist, it often jumps to the wrong song if I have sorted the playlist by a column. It won't work until I play a different playlist and then come back to play the original playlist.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Clicking album cover goes to wrong song

Rock Star 19
Rock Star 19

Hello @FearfulSymmetry and welcome to the community,

If your playlist is sorted (meaning a green arrow next to TiTLE ARTIST ALBUM Calendar clock) clicking on cover art of the song playing won't bring you back to the right song.

The position of a song in a playlist is related to a playlist unsorted. Whatever you play it normally or in shuffle mode, the playlist has to be unsorted.

If you want an absolute way to go back to a song position, you can create an idea in the board idea submissions.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/idb-p/ideas_submissions

Hope you got the informations you needed

Happy listening

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusRock Star 19
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Solution!

Rock Star 19
Rock Star 19

Hello @FearfulSymmetry and welcome to the community,

If your playlist is sorted (meaning a green arrow next to TiTLE ARTIST ALBUM Calendar clock) clicking on cover art of the song playing won't bring you back to the right song.

The position of a song in a playlist is related to a playlist unsorted. Whatever you play it normally or in shuffle mode, the playlist has to be unsorted.

If you want an absolute way to go back to a song position, you can create an idea in the board idea submissions.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/idb-p/ideas_submissions

Hope you got the informations you needed

Happy listening

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusRock Star 19
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Regular

I need to make a suggestion that Spotify fix what is obviously a bug? Clicking the album cover takes you to the wrong song.

…alright, then.

SUGGESTED POSTS