Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clicking album cover goes to wrong song

Solved!

Clicking album cover goes to wrong song

Is this the right place to report bugs?

When I click the album cover to jump to the song's location in a playlist, it often jumps to the wrong song if I have sorted the playlist by a column. It won't work until I play a different playlist and then come back to play the original playlist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @FearfulSymmetry and welcome to the community,

If your playlist is sorted (meaning a green arrow next to TiTLE ARTIST ALBUM Calendar clock) clicking on cover art of the song playing won't bring you back to the right song.

The position of a song in a playlist is related to a playlist unsorted. Whatever you play it normally or in shuffle mode, the playlist has to be unsorted.

If you want an absolute way to go back to a song position, you can create an idea in the board idea submissions.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/idb-p/ideas_submissions

Hope you got the informations you needed

Happy listening

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @FearfulSymmetry and welcome to the community,

If your playlist is sorted (meaning a green arrow next to TiTLE ARTIST ALBUM Calendar clock) clicking on cover art of the song playing won't bring you back to the right song.

The position of a song in a playlist is related to a playlist unsorted. Whatever you play it normally or in shuffle mode, the playlist has to be unsorted.

If you want an absolute way to go back to a song position, you can create an idea in the board idea submissions.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/idb-p/ideas_submissions

Hope you got the informations you needed

Happy listening

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I need to make a suggestion that Spotify fix what is obviously a bug? Clicking the album cover takes you to the wrong song.

…alright, then.

Suggested posts