Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clicking on album cover not going to the currently selected song when sorting playlist

Clicking on album cover not going to the currently selected song when sorting playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10 fully updated all drivers, bios, firmwares, etc

My Question or Issue

When you want to go back to the playlist, you can click the album cover of the currently playing song. (bottom left image). Spotify will take you to the playlist and select the song in the window. This is good and okay! Works.. for now. Look at the image 3-sorting-disabled-and-clicked-on-cover.png

Now, when I sort the playlist by "date added", it selects the wrong song. Look at 1.png and 2.png

I followed https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Troubleshooting-Windows/td-p/532796

This doesn't fix the issue. Also happens on different laptop.

2.png
1.png
3-sorting-disabled-and-clicked-on-cover.png
3 Replies

Same here.

If playlist have more than 200 songs, this behavior do not work properly.

Using: Mac OS 10.15.4

Spotify: 1.1.29.592

Hey @gzxmx94_ and @btz1

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We've created an Ongoing Issue which sounds similar to what you've experienced and it'd be great if you'd take a look at it by clicking here.

You can add your vote (by clicking +VOTE) and leave a comment with your feedback to be notified about any updates.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

How is this in any way useful? All you've said is "we know it's a problem, we're not going to fix it. Maybe we'll change our minds if you can get enough upvotes."

Suggested posts