Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clicking the album art of the current song jumps to the wrong spot in a playlist

Clicking the album art of the current song jumps to the wrong spot in a playlist

I generally always sort my playlist in reverse chronological order, with the newest added songs at the very top. It's nice considering I usually find myself more interested in hearing my newest songs. However, since it's a very large and old playlist, I often find myself wanting to delete an older song off of the list. I used to be able to simply click the album art for the song playing and it would jump to that song in the playlist. However, now it appears to jump to where the song would be if the playlist were sorted in chronological order. Say I click the album art for the third song I ever added to the playlist, it would jump to the third most recent song on the playlist. Stuff like that.

3 Replies

Hey there @lazumaus

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

Hi,
I have exactly the same issue... The jump to the song in the playlist/album from the artist page don't work anymore. It used to work a few months ago.
It is a spotify software bug.

Didn't do anything, I'm afraid, Ivan. I should note the same issue appears on my laptop as it does my PC. Both the Windows 10 version - not the Store App.

Suggested posts