Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clicking the album cover to jump to a song is broken on various conditions

Clicking the album cover to jump to a song is broken on various conditions

Premium

United States

Windows 10

I've always noticed that clicking the album cover to jump to the currently working song generally doesn't work. In some updates years ago it did work, but then it broke again in future updates.

I did a little bit of testing and it seems to at least be partially related to the sorting method - I tried making a new test playlist, and if no sorting is enabled (as in, none of the headers have a green caret in either direction) the function works properly. However if I sort it by date added ascending (so the most recently added songs are on top) the function breaks and clicking the album cover will jump to an incorrect song. However, the incorrect song each song links to always seems to the the same which leads me to believe that the data this feature uses is decoupled from what's actually in the playlist.

On my oldest and largest playlist, even if I turn off sorting the feature jumps to a different incorrect song so there seems to be more going on than just the sorting alone. All my playlists do have local files in them if that may be a factor.

If there's anything else I can do to help QA this please let me know, I would really love to have this feature working again. Thanks!

0 Replies

Suggested posts