Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Client won't let me right cliick individual songs intermittently

Client won't let me right cliick individual songs intermittently

Sometimes the client will refuse to let me right click an individual song from an album, even if its a song that it's let me do that before, which will make queue building and playlist creation frustrating.

It lets me do it no problem if I click on the album name, but if I click on the song in album's section of the artist overview, it refuses to let me pick it until either I restart my client or go to the album's page in the client. 

I don't see this all the time, but it only started happening a couple updates ago.

Anyone else see this? I would have taken pictures if I could produce a consistent result, but it just seems to randomly.

4 Replies

Bumping this. Still seeing this after a clean reinstall. It's starting to happen almost all the time now, regardless of restarting, and it will stop happening randomly and then start again.

It only seems to be specific artists too. Skee-Lo being one of them. Blur is another, but only for part of their discography (The Great Escape and releases below it).

I'm pretty sure that this is a UI bug, but I could be wrong.

@WithstandLaser wrote:

Bumping this. Still seeing this after a clean reinstall. It's starting to happen almost all the time now, regardless of restarting, and it will stop happening randomly and then start again.

It only seems to be specific artists too. Skee-Lo being one of them. Blur is another, but only for part of their discography (The Great Escape and releases below it).

I'm pretty sure that this is a UI bug, but I could be wrong.

I have experienced similar issues but only under extreme circumstances when bug testing. Are you selecting a large number of tracks for dragging/droppping at all? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I don't. When I add stuff to my queue I do it one at a time using right click menu+"queue", which it won't let me do when this starts happening. It happens regardless of the size of my queue.

You said that you see this too. even if its during "extreme conditions while bug testing", that means that this is at least a bug that can be seen in the wild and isn't an issue only with my computer/client installation.

I'll do a second reinstall next time I see this, just to be on the safe side, but I really don't like constantly uninstalling and reinstalling programs to resolve bugs like this, so this will be the last time I do it and if I see it again, I guess i'll live with it until the next update comes out (as this started happening with one update, it might be inadvertantly fixed with another).

OK, i'm still seeing this after a second clean install.

Today when I logged in, I tried to select a Blur song from the artist overview from The Great Escape and albums listed below it, and this still happened. I imagine it will happen intermittently with the other artists i've seen this on. I'll just click to view the album page from now on until the next update. This is definitely on Spotify's end, not mine.

Suggested posts