Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Collaborative Playlist - After Sharing, friend adds songs but they are greyed out and I cannot play?

Solved!

Collaborative Playlist - After Sharing, friend adds songs but they are greyed out and I cannot play?

Plan

Family Premium

Country

U.S.

Device

Desktop, Google Pixel

Operating System

Windows 10, Android

My Question or Issue

I created a collaborative playlist and shared it with a friend. They are able to add songs to it. I am able to see the songs, but they are grayed out and I cannot play them. This is true both on desktop and my mobile phone.

ex.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, thanks for posting. Normally, when I've encountered an issue like this it's because the files that have been added to a playlist are added from a different region's version of an album that is not available where I am, or because the user added a local version of the track that is not matching to Spotify's library version.

Is this happening to all tracks your friend adds? Also, are they able to play the tracks you've added, or do they have the same problem?

My suggestion would be that as a test they try adding something that they don't have a copy of in their local files that way you'll at least be certain it's adding the correct version.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, thanks for posting. Normally, when I've encountered an issue like this it's because the files that have been added to a playlist are added from a different region's version of an album that is not available where I am, or because the user added a local version of the track that is not matching to Spotify's library version.

Is this happening to all tracks your friend adds? Also, are they able to play the tracks you've added, or do they have the same problem?

My suggestion would be that as a test they try adding something that they don't have a copy of in their local files that way you'll at least be certain it's adding the correct version.

dinomightSpotify Star

Thanks for the response. My friend is actually within the same building as me and I don't think they have a copy of the song outside of Spotify, but we'll see if it happens for more songs as well as soon as we can. They can play my songs fine.

Seems to be just the one song. Not sure why, but not a big deal.

Okay, thanks for the updates and definitely glad to know it's not affecting any other tracks at least! 

dinomightSpotify Star

Suggested posts