Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Collaborative playlists are instantly private and Spotify took away messaging how can I collaborate?

Collaborative playlists are instantly private and Spotify took away messaging how can I collaborate?

Yo, so I just tried to start a collaborative playlist with one of my dear friends. After a while I figured out that somehow collab playlists are made intantly private which is good and fixes the trolls editing these playlists. However, since the messaging feature has also been taken away from spotify my friend now can't find the playlist to follow and add to. So.... how do I get someone to see and able to add to our playlist. It really sucks that messaging has been taken away but at least can we make it possible to tell our app who we want to be able to see the playlist or at least make it so only followers can see collaborative playlists. Without collaborative playlists I'm not to sure what sets Spotify apart from many other portals to online music. What sucks is due the massive amounts of music I have on Spotify I won't leave. Also bring back the messaging PLEASE

2 Replies

I personally use a Google Doc and just share it with the person(s) I want to share my playlist with.

PLEASE REINSTATE MESSAGING.  WHAT'S THE RUB?  was so much easier!     Thanks.

Suggested posts