Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Concerning Music that Has Disappeared

Concerning Music that Has Disappeared

I have run into this Issue using Spotify on both my Windows 7 desktop, my Windows 10 laptop, and my Android phone ony my premium account, though I believe the issue to be with Spotify's database rather than my individual devices. While listening to my playlist, I noticed that the song "Mr. Stalin You're Eating Too High on the Hog" by artist Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith had not come up very frequently as of late. I searched through the playlist for the song, so that I could specifically listen to it, and couldn't find it on my playlist at all, even though I was very certain I had added it and had, in fact, heard it while listening to the playlist in the past. When I searched for the song, no results came up. However, Arthur Smith's artist page is still up, and albums by the artist from as early as 1950 and as late as 2011 are available. When I google the track and artist, I can find a link to the album the song was listed on in Spotify, which seems especially odd given that searching the album's title ("Have a Little Fun") in the Spotify app itself provides no results. Several of the songs from the album seem to be playable, yet the specific one I am looking for has its name greyed out, and when I attempt to play it, I simply get a notification that "Spotify can't play this right now." What is the Issue? Has the song simply been removed from Spotify entirely, and if so, why? The song is clearly still in the database in some respect, albeit unplayable, given its presence in the album, so why has it automatically been deleted from my playlist?

1 Reply

Hi @Cruelcumber
Sometimes albums and songs are removed from Spotify's catalog usually due to license issues or artist requests. But they are actively working on resolving such issues, so the songs may return in the future.
I'd recommend reading this article for more info.
Hope this helps!

Suggested posts