Connect (Windows) finds no devices until I use Connect (Android)

Highlighted

Connect (Windows) finds no devices until I use Connect (Android)

memeweaver
Gig Goer

I have Spotify on Windows 10 and on my Samsung phone, and I have a Premium account. I have Sonos and a bunch of Google Chromecast/Home devices.

When I try to cast from Spotify on my desktop it invariably shows no devices, even though I can cast to all the Sonos and Google devices from anywhere else in Windows.

However if I open my Android app, it always lists the devices, and as soon as I cast to one of them, a whole lot of devices now show up in the Windows desktop app.

The weak link appears to be the Spotify desktop app.

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Connect (Windows) finds no devices until I use Connect (Android)

Preticle
Composer

Dear memeweaver,

Your wording of your issue seems a bit complicated. Try clarifying your issue and the devices you are using.

Otherwise, if I am assuming correctly, I believe you are trying to say that Windows' Spotify App (WSA) is not able to find your Andriod to cast to. Though it works the other way around; Andriod Spotify App (ASA) is able to find your PC. If this is the case, then is your ASA/your Samsung on? Ensure that your device and app is open when you want to cast your music over.

If not, I'm stumped!

Re: Connect (Windows) finds no devices until I use Connect (Android)

memeweaver
Gig Goer

It's quite clear. In my opening two sentence paragraph, I said I have Sonos and Google devices. 

WSA is not able to find them, even though every other Windows app can.

However when i cast from the ASA, the WSA suddenly discovers all the devices.

SUGGESTED POSTS