Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connect (Windows) finds no devices until I use Connect (Android)

Connect (Windows) finds no devices until I use Connect (Android)

I have Spotify on Windows 10 and on my Samsung phone, and I have a Premium account. I have Sonos and a bunch of Google Chromecast/Home devices.

When I try to cast from Spotify on my desktop it invariably shows no devices, even though I can cast to all the Sonos and Google devices from anywhere else in Windows.

However if I open my Android app, it always lists the devices, and as soon as I cast to one of them, a whole lot of devices now show up in the Windows desktop app.

The weak link appears to be the Spotify desktop app.

2 Replies

Dear memeweaver,

Your wording of your issue seems a bit complicated. Try clarifying your issue and the devices you are using.

Otherwise, if I am assuming correctly, I believe you are trying to say that Windows' Spotify App (WSA) is not able to find your Andriod to cast to. Though it works the other way around; Andriod Spotify App (ASA) is able to find your PC. If this is the case, then is your ASA/your Samsung on? Ensure that your device and app is open when you want to cast your music over.

If not, I'm stumped!

It's quite clear. In my opening two sentence paragraph, I said I have Sonos and Google devices. 

WSA is not able to find them, even though every other Windows app can.

However when i cast from the ASA, the WSA suddenly discovers all the devices.

Suggested posts