Premium

Country

UK

Device

Windows PC & Samsung R1 speakers

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I just purchased some Samsung R1 speakers to be able to have multiroom audio running from a desktop PC and using the Spotify desktop app. However when trying to use Spotify Connect, which is what Samsung suggest, the speakers do not appear as available devices in the spotify desktop app. Has anyone else had this issue?

4 Replies

Hey @nedbenson100, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Connect. Can you make sure they're on the same WiFi network as your device? You can also try logging out and back in a few times to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

I have had the same issue for weeks now. My windows spotify doesnt see the other devices.

Funny thing is i can connect in same wifi between my android phone and my onkyo receiver, but both are not visible in the windows app on my laptop.

I just tried to use the webversion on chrome on the same laptop and there connect is visible: all devices are visible.

So, there is only 1 conclusion possible: The windows spotify app has issues connecting. All apps have last version, i checked.

The only solution I found was to involve a tablet (an old Amazon Fire) and run both the multiroom app and Spotify on that. This, for some reason, allowed the PC to see the tablet and the speakers on the same network and I was able to play music through the speakers then. I have since abandonned the PC and I am now just using the tablet. Though I would much prefer to use it as the tablet is old and super slow! It's quite poor really that spotify connect on a PC, on the same network as the speakers can't connect to the speakers without involving another moble device. Not sure if other people are able to do what we are'nt but it's highly frustrating.

Did you try the web app on the laptop? Just goto Chrome and logon to spotify from the browser. You'll be able to use connect.

Suggested posts