Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connect not finding wifi speakers

Connect not finding wifi speakers

I have several wifi , spotify enabled speakers at home

Sonos

Bose

Google

All of them work without issues from the Mobile Spotify App from Android and IOS devices, i can use spotify connect and play music just fine.

But i also have two Windows 10 laptops (connected to the same wifi network and router as the mobile devices so that rules out that as the culprit here) that run the Spotify Desktop client and none of them can find any speakers. I tried reinstalling the Spotify app without luck. I know that this was working a couple of months ago, so i wonder if any recent Windows updates could have broken the Connect feature.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems ?

Edit: If i start playback on my Android Phone on any of the "invisible speakers" the desktop app inmediately sees it.

Info:

Spotify App: Spotify for Windows 1.1.68.632.g2b11de83

3 Replies

Hey @elfarto1975,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if this is the case with any Connect enabled speaker, or just a particular one?

Also, do you see the speakers on your phone as active, or are they grayed out there as well?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Today all speakers are detected correctly, there were no changes on my side. it's got automagically fixed.. not good.

For the record, on the windows app NONE of the speakers were even listed, they worked just fine from the phone app 

Hi @elfarto1975,

Thank you for your reply and letting us know everything got back to normal.

Please keep testing your connections during the next few days and, if the issue comes up again, we recommend you run a clean reinstall and download the app directly from the Microsoft Store. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts