Connect suddenly changes current playlist

Highlighted

Connect suddenly changes current playlist

Preau
Casual Listener

Whenever I have music playing on my desktop my phone is automatically using Connect to be able to control the desktop app. I'm not using Connect to control at all but it still activates anyway.

However it randomly changes my current playlist and removes my whole playing queue sometimes, which is very annoying. This has happened ever since Connect was introduced.

17 Replies

Re: Connect suddenly changes current playlist

Peter__
Community Legend
Connect isn't fully implemented in the desktop client yet which is causing some weird behaviour. For me play queue gets messed up if I accidentally start playback on my mobile device.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Preau
Casual Listener

If it isn't fully implemented why is it active, I'd rather not have it than have it mess with what I'm playing on my desktop. I can't find a way to disable my phone from connecting either.

I'm not using my phone when this happens, it's just lying on my desk locked and screen off.

Stranger
Music Fan

Yes - here too.

Active queue suddenly (in mid-song) changes to some random song. (Not a song I've recently listened to on my mobile or pc).

It happens multiple times an hour. 

Phone is just lying on tha table (Cyanogenmod Samsung S5)

Android Spotify App ((latest available at this moment)

Pc version of Spotify (0.9.14.13.gba5645ad) (latest available at this moment)

This on top of randomisation issues, losing songs because artists stop licensing Spotify...   I'm back to downl-owning. :(

k40s
Casual Listener

Same here! It's been happening for a few days. If I have a queue with songs added to a play list works fine. But in the case of a manual queue after a few songs the queue is changed to the non-manual playlist (annoying specially when it's the result of a search and sounds the same song over and over...)

badbroetchen
Same here, problem also between an IOS and an Android device with the same account in combination with the gramofon box (connect). Absolutly no user interaction but songs changes or playback stops randomly.
So short before my girlfriend accepts the new "hightech **bleep**"... But so? :(

alex_j
Casual Listener

Same, happens all the time since the latest update. Right now it has just made up a completely random order from a playlist I own and shuffle is not enabled. Don't even know how that's possible.

Also when I choose to sort my playlist from most recent to older, it often times decides to switch order of playing and goes back to playing what I just heard and going from older tracks towards most recent. 

None of these times am I even touching my phone, this is only using Spotify on Windows, even though I do have an android phone that does connect automatically, I am not controlling anything from it though when these problems occur.

unsurety
Music Fan

I have this issue as well. Not only that, it doesn't just skip to the next song, it begins playing from some random spot in said song.

vayenn
Casual Listener

Same here. The only remedy seems to be to set the phone in Off-line mode while listening on the PC.

Soamid

I've got the same problem, but not only with desktop-mobile connection (which is most irritating tough), but also with my Gramofon device. Sometimes it just gets lost : at first I see my tablet is playing different track than I'm hearing from my PC or speakers connected to Gramofon and then, next track from my pc/gramofon queue is replaced by rest of (wrong) tablet queue.

SUGGESTED POSTS