Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connection Problem with Proxy Server

Connection Problem with Proxy Server

Hi,

I'm using windows desktop app version 1.0.34.146. I can connect successfully via direct internet connection but when I'm connected to my corporate network which has a proxy server, I have "Error Code:4 no internet connection detected" even though I enter my credentials into http proxy settings in the Spotify App.

I used ResMon to monitor connections from Spotify App. I see that Spotify.exe tries to make a TCP connection to 194.132.162.152, which I believe is an ip address on spotify's pool, on port 80. How can spotify app make a direct connection to that IP even though I configured it to use the specified proxy server? Spotify app seems to ignore proxy configuration and make a direct connection.

This is the direct connection on ResMon:

screenshot.JPG

This is my proxy configuration on Prefs file:

screenshot2.jpg

BTW, when I downgrade to version 0.9.15.27, I can connect successfully even though I don't select any proxy on app's settings. 

Any ideas, please?

skoofer.

2 Replies

I have the same problem. Help please !

Same problem here...

It worked for a while and then it stopped working. 

Interesting is that disabling the proxy solves the problem (but I have to use the proxy at work) and on the other hand, the web player with same proxy settings works without a problem.

Suggested posts