Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Corporate VPN on laptop

Corporate VPN on laptop

Dears,

I work for Dell Technologies, we all use Cisco Anyconnect for VPN connection to the corporate network, and when the VPN is established, Spotify app loses the connection on the laptop (error 4), so my subscription is pretty much useless. 

I think spotify should tailor its services on how their customers operate, and dropping the service when VPN is enabled is rather insulting, i've been suffering for years, and paying money unjustifyably for half a service. You should enable VPN users to login when they want, especially when the domains are clean, and you figure out how to solve your technology limitations in the backend without going through this somewhat dictatorship approach.

3 Replies

Hi there, unfortunately, Spotify officially doesn't support the use of Spotify with VPNs.

However, there are a few things you could try to solve the issue! The first option is by adjusting your laptops DNS settings if you're able to. Another option is to change the Proxy Type in Spotify settings.

Hopefully, I was able to help and get you back to your music, please reply if there are any new developments!

Hey @ali_hmdan, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If that didn't help I'd suggset consulting with your IT department to whitelist Spotify or change Proxy settings of Spotify. You can do that by going into Settings, scrolling to the bottom and then clicking on Show Advanved Settings where you will be able to find Proxy section near the end of the page.

Hope it helps 🙂

Glad I didn't bite the bullet and paid for a subscription.
I can't get it to connect at work too (using windows10 "vpn client" to connect to a corporate remote connection/server), tried proxy settings to no avail too.
I am dead sure spotify isn't being blocked by anything in our network (connecting with VPN off works fine), the problem is definitely on their end.

Suggested posts