Free/Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Surface Pro 4

Operating System

Windows 10 Lastest update

My Question or Issue

Hi, I've spent a long time trying to get Cortana to work with Spotify. I've updated my Windows PC to the latest version, changed the language to English US and uninstalled and installed countless times. I've gotten to the point where, after turning my computer on, asking Cortana to play Spotify music just opens Spotify it does nothing. Then I need to uninstall it and reinstall it, link it back to Cortana and then it works. However, after a reboot it goes back to just opening Spotify. Please if anyone can help that'd be great.

4 Replies

Hey there @jungleion,

thanks for posting !

Please visit this official Spotify help page on how to link and use Cortana with Spotify.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Sorry but that article is about using the Cortana app, I'm trying to use Cortana on my Surface Pro 4 (Windows 10 PC).

Again my problem that I wrote above is that I have linked Spotify to my Cortana through the notebook, both through manage accounts and selecting it in music. However, when I request music it just opens the program but doesn't play the music. E.g. I ask to play The Gorrilaz, Cortana says "Playing the Gorillaz on Spotify" but it just opens Spotify and does nothing.

I've tried solutions on other forum posts to relink it or use the app version or only use the desktop version. So far I've succeeded once through using the desktop version and unlinking and linking but as soon as I rebooted it went back to broken.

Hey there @jungleion,

thanks for the update !

Please try both the Windows Store version as the downloadable app.

You can also try more thorough reinstallation steps from this Spotify Answers.

I can't promise it will work as currently the only supported devices are Xbox One, Harmon/Kardon Invoke speaker, and Windows Insider.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hello, yesterday I had the same problem as you! But after some digging around in the spotify files I managed to fix this problem and have cortana work with Spotify even after you reboot/reinstall!

I recorded it into a youtube video:

https://youtu.be/i0uizERhU70

Hope I can help someone with this!

Suggested posts