Premium

Country
Portugal

Device

PC, Windows app store, Spotify

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

My Question or Issue

i cant figure if its cortana or spotify not properly playing my requests, but when i query a resume or pause it works just fine, also skips work fine, any idea of what could be the cause

3 Replies

Re: Cortana not playing a song on demand but can stop and resume just fine

routinetraffics
Visitor

having the same issue, and other troubleshooting guides about re-linking/re-installing the client do not work... nor does the language changing suggestions work.

I think there are many of us with some sort of issue that wont be solved through relinking/downloading the spotify app or standalone client for windows.

This is a bummer becuase it used to work fine for me :\

iurirolho
Casual Listener
It's a cortana issue I chatted with Ms they said to wait for updates

tiglat
Casual Listener

Interesting comment. There is a parallel thread reporting same issues where apparently the issue is in Spotify and a fix will be released soon. Check it https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Cortana-doesnt-play-song-requests/idi-p/4819871?sear....

What seems to be clear is that this is no longer a configuration or installation issue, but a bug in the integration between the two applications, so do not waste your time trying to get it right (some of us spent enough :-)), and patiently wait and follow in the community for updates.

SUGGESTED POSTS