Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Doesn't show accurate number of songs saved anymore

Hey. I use Spotify as my main music library and I have a little OCD regarding checking up on the precise number of saved songs in my "Liked songs" section, just to check up that I didn't delete any songs by mistake.
I used to be able to just Command+A and then drag the mouse up to show how many songs I have saved, but after I updated both my spotify and Mac OS a couple of days ago, this doesn't work anymore. The number of saved songs now only show 100, and I know I have close to 7000 songs saved, so this feature doesn't work for me anymore. Really hope there is a fix for this as I actually use it a lot.

Hey again folks,

Thanks again for all your reports! 

We've let our developers know about this and they're investigating.

As a heads up while we don't have an exact timeline for a fix, we'd recommend keeping your Spotify app up to date to guarantee you’re rocking all the latest features and fixes. There's some helpful info on doing that here.

Have a lovely day 🙂
Comments
structuraldood

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to create a Playlist of all of my Liked Songs in one shot?

I know I can drag them one at a time, or I can right click on each song and choose Add to Playlist.  But that seems painfully slow.

Thanks!

Arikabeth

While using the desktop version of spotify, you can use click on "make a new playlist", go to "liked songs", use Ctrl+A to select all songs, then use Ctrl+C to copy them, and paste the songs into the playlist with with Ctrl+V . Alternatively, after using the "select all", you can drag the songs into the playlist name to add them).

I don't think there is a quick way of selecting and moving multiple songs on mobile.

Edit: Since this has been accepted as a solution, I just wanted to clarify that "Crl+A" (or equivalent on non-windows OS) doesn't always select all the songs, so when you're at the "liked songs" list, you might have to click on the top song of the playlist, hold shift and the down arrow until you hit the bottom of the list in order to select all the songs.

structuraldood

Thanks Arikabeth!!

glock63

I have some result(
After Ctrl+ desktop app saves only 129 links to clipboard but my "liked songs" playlist has near 1k songs

Katerina
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reporting this here in the Community!

If you're experiencing this, make sure to add your +VOTE, if you haven't already.

Further, it'd be helpful if you could let us know the following details so we can get this reported to the right teams:

• Your device and its OS (operating system) version 
  • The exact version of the Spotify app

Keep in mind that if you scroll down in your desktop device before clicking Ctrl+A or Cmd+A, you should be able to select more songs.

We'll keep you updated here so make sure you've subscribed to this thread 🙂 Cheers!

Mortvillain

My OS is: macOS Mojave version 10.14.6 (18G103)
My spotify version is: 1.1.16.522.g55a4b852

Yeah when I scroll down the number of songs shown when i cmd+a increases, but it's still not accurate and I'd have to slowly scroll through my entire music library every time I'd want an accurate number of songs shown. I tried scrolling it all the way down a couple of days ago, but then the correct amount of saved songs just resets to 100 when I checked 5-10 mins later.

zanderfry28

Hi, I'm having the same problem.

Device: Dell XPS 13 9370

Operating system: Windows 10 Home, version 1903

Spotify Version: 1.1.16.522.g55a4b852

Details:

Normally when I click ctrl + a, it selects all the songs in my 'liked songs' library (about 900 songs), but as of very recently this is no longer working. If I click ctrl + a at the top of 'liked songs' then it only selects 100 songs, and if I click ctrl + a somewhere in the middle, it can select around 200-300 but that's it. I've also tried left clicking the top song and then shift + left clicking the bottom song but that doesn't work either.

The ctrl + a function works completely fine for me when selecting all the songs from an actual playlist (I tested it on a 1300 song playlist).

Thanks

lastadventure

This doesnt work if you have more than 1k+ songs. It only selects a couple hundred, tried restarted spotify.  It works for lists under 1k  but as soon as it goes to 2k+ , it only selects a couple hundred songs, I have to scroll down and keep CTRL+A

Makaveli_96
Try this:
Hold shift and then left click on the first song of the playlist then do the same with the last song of the playlist, after that you can right click and choose add to playlist for all of them.
Mortvillain

After updating to mac OS Catalina and updating Spotify again, the problem is still exactly the same.
Nice to see nothing has been done and the thread is still just marked as "need more info" 😃