Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Doesn't show accurate number of songs saved anymore

Hey. I use Spotify as my main music library and I have a little OCD regarding checking up on the precise number of saved songs in my "Liked songs" section, just to check up that I didn't delete any songs by mistake.
I used to be able to just Command+A and then drag the mouse up to show how many songs I have saved, but after I updated both my spotify and Mac OS a couple of days ago, this doesn't work anymore. The number of saved songs now only show 100, and I know I have close to 7000 songs saved, so this feature doesn't work for me anymore. Really hope there is a fix for this as I actually use it a lot.

Hey again folks,

Thanks again for all your reports! 

We've let our developers know about this and they're investigating.

As a heads up while we don't have an exact timeline for a fix, we'd recommend keeping your Spotify app up to date to guarantee you’re rocking all the latest features and fixes. There's some helpful info on doing that here.

Have a lovely day 🙂
Comments
Ameliamarie93
This was the best solution, thank you!
Poiar
"Select all" doesn't select all. My liked songs are 900+ and it's esp. annoying when I want to use tools like http://static.echonest.com/SortYourMusic/

I wish Spotify would make a button for copying Liked songs
postkar
That seemed like a good solution, and tried it, but for me the list is glitching out and returning to the top every 20 seconds.
mrutherford41

Not sure if you were able to find an easier way to do this. None of the answers here worked for me. My solution was to select sections at a time. Start at the top, select the first song, scroll a bit, and then shift click. Keep repeating. I also would occasionally copy to the playlist once I got a good chunk and then start with a new section just to make sure I didn't mess up. I only had 5,000 songs so it might be more work for others but it worked.

SJDrury

The status is "Not Right Now" on a software bug? I can understand that for a new feature or something, but this is clearly an error. I've always had good experiences with Spotify in the past, but this seems pretty lame you don't care to fix a clear and simple bug.

bkeys818

Max has been decreased to 125 now😥

icj

Unfortunately I was selected to 'test' the new Desktop App which mirrors the webui. The ctrl-a, ctrl-c, ctrl-v method no longer works as it's not possible to select more than one song at a time. Is there an alternative solution? I'm just trying to get a list of those songs so I can leave this deteriorating service.

bkeys818

I found (the easiest) workaround for this problem using Tune My Music. There are similar sites. This is just the best one I found. Here is a detailed step-by-step.

Copy Songs

1. Click "Let's start"
  2. Select "Spotify"
  3. Click "Load from you Spotify account"
  4. Login (you only have to do this the first item)
  5. Select one or more of the following to be copied: favorite songs, favorite albums, favorite artist, any of your playlist
  6. Select "Export to File"
  7. Choose "CSV" and hit "select"
  8. Click "Start moving my music" (this step may take a while depending on how many songs are selected)

Paste Songs

1. When the songs have finished exporting and the file downloads, go back to the homepage
  2. Click "Let's start"
  3. Select "Upload file"
  4. Upload the file from earlier
  5. Hit "Select Destination"
  6. Select "Spotify"
  7. Click "Start Moving My Music"

The one downside is that your music won't be in the same order, but it's better than nothing.

Hope that works for you!

------------

@Mortvillain @SJDrury @oiza @Loxer

alexeib

what is the reason why making it so pressing ctrl-a does what it says and selects all songs cannot be implemented? this sounds like an easy problem to solve - would be good to tell us an actual technical reason as to why this hasn't been done in as long as I've had spotify (years)

Prodidi57

Hello!

This doesn't work, at least with many Liked songs. I have about 8000 Like songs. When I press Control-A, only 100 songs are marked at first. With good luck at some point 800 - 1000. But never all 8000. 

Who helps me. Other ways like marking the first song and last song also don't work.

Who helps?

Thank you

Dieter