Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Doesn't show accurate number of songs saved anymore

Hey. I use Spotify as my main music library and I have a little OCD regarding checking up on the precise number of saved songs in my "Liked songs" section, just to check up that I didn't delete any songs by mistake.
I used to be able to just Command+A and then drag the mouse up to show how many songs I have saved, but after I updated both my spotify and Mac OS a couple of days ago, this doesn't work anymore. The number of saved songs now only show 100, and I know I have close to 7000 songs saved, so this feature doesn't work for me anymore. Really hope there is a fix for this as I actually use it a lot.

Hey again folks,

Thanks again for all your reports! 

We've let our developers know about this and they're investigating.

As a heads up while we don't have an exact timeline for a fix, we'd recommend keeping your Spotify app up to date to guarantee you’re rocking all the latest features and fixes. There's some helpful info on doing that here.

Have a lovely day 🙂
Comments
LLiz

Command all on Mac desktop does absolutely nothing for me? I have 657 liked songs. It just highlights in pink all the text on the page like it would on any other page. I tried Control all too. 

Alex6993
Just wanted to say thanks! Did this on my desktop version and it worked. Luckily only have 200+ songs at the moment, so it was pretty quick.
baker_tony
"CTRL+ Down arrow...weighed down the keyboard buttons with a genius combination of blutack"
This is the only solution that worked for me too! Had over 2,000 songs, took a few mins of sitting there but now I have a playlist!
Come ON Spotify!
Chameleon1234

I found a solution accidently but i worked quickly. Touch crtl-a on the top of your playlist but just on the side. not on the song or something. it will select 50 songs or something. if u go to the bottom of those 50 songs you can click it gone what you have selected. no worries-hakuna matata. then click crtl-a again and it will select 50 more songs but still keep the ones youve selected. some songs wasnt selected when i scrolled up but just go to that point of the liked songs or playlist and unclick and click and you will get those as well. just be careful you get every song before saving them over. hit crtl-c when done so you copy them and then paste them in your desired place with crtl-v. This worked for me. Hope it wasnt to hard to explain. Since it just was accidently i found out of this solution. took me 5min maybe. and i think thats the fastest way.

jpmorlen

I can scroll which gives the appearance of selecting more, but sometimes it still only does a partial copy. It leaves large chunks unselected even when smoothly and slowly scrolling through the library.

For the programmatically inclined, you can write a python script with the spotipy library to select all your liked songs using the Spotify API. 

Either way, this is supposed to already work and a Spotify user should not have to implement a feature on their own

hugopro

This is just embarrassing. Not being to fix a 'select all' feature in 1.5 years. 

musiclover93

On My Macbook I clicked on Edit at the very top of my screen,then select all ,then copy and pasted into a new playlist

vvspantomvv

Spotify, please use my faithful monthly subscription fee to help fund implementing basic core functionality that EVERY music player supporting track annotations/tags -- such as LIKED -- and playlists should have. I should be able to create new playlists from existing playlists -- or lists of songs that share a user-assigned annotation such as LIKED -- to new playlists.

Because your shuffle feature is horribly broken, and can't do anything that resembles even a statistically valid random sampling from LIKED songs or a playlist, I am forced to use external tools to shuffle my playlists as they grow over time. When I'm tired of hearing my songs in a particular order and requency, I want shuffle to do a complete reset and give me a statistically valid randome track order INCLUDING my deep tracks from that playlist having equal likelihood of being played as my favorite songs that I play every day.