Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crossfade not working or am I doing it wrong?

Crossfade not working or am I doing it wrong?

I do not have gapless playback on when crossfade is activated, i have turned it off and restarted Spotify, i have tried changing the time to crossfade and it does not work either, i have tried all i know! It worked fine an hour ago! And now when i added new songs to my playlist it wont crossfade ! Help me please! Only reason i am using Spotify is cause of crossfade! 

11 Replies

Hi,

Is this with offline files or spotify songs?

If it is offline files; unfortunately gapless playback and crossfade do not work.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hi, it is local files. Do they work? I have been using Spotify before with local files and it have been working perfect!

online or offline, spotify doesn't crossfade anymore. 

0.9 relase...

Still ok on 085 ........   if the 06 versions had it and Gapless, i would back that far with pleasure ......

That sucks 😞 I thought it was some mistake or something i did 😞 How do i downgrade to an older version? Only reason i use Spotify is cause of crossfade! 

Hey guys 🙂 

Just tested this out along with a member of the Spotify team in the super user chat, and crossfade is working for both of us v0.9 using local files so I am not 100% sure where the issue is here. What format are those local files in?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@AnthonyB wrote:

Hi,

Is this with offline files or spotify songs?

If it is offline files; unfortunately gapless playback and crossfade do not work.

Anthony 🙂

Hey Peter. 

It's not working with the spotify songs. 

and it's working with local songs. 

before, it was working with both... 

regards, seb. 

Hi, i am playing local files. But the annoying thing is crossfade worked fine couple of minutes ago but then i clicked on repeat playlist and then shuffle playlist and then it likes stop's crossfading if you push any of those commands on Spotify. Cause atm Crossfade is activated in prefrences but not working in my playlist :S

Crossfade still not working today. 

I hate this, some days crossfade works 100% then some days it does not work at all ! 

I have the same problem as above, crossfade used to work, now it does not work, both with spotify offline and online songs, this is really so annoying!! Version 0.9.7.16.g4b197456

It used to work, no it is not working not anymore, hell ....

@saprize23 wrote:

Crossfade still not working today. 

I hate this, some days crossfade works 100% then some days it does not work at all ! 

The Spotify team are aware of some gapless and crossfade issues with the most recent client releases. See this bugs topic for updates. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts