Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[DESKTOP] No possibility to make playlist "Public" or "Secret" any longer

[DESKTOP] No possibility to make playlist "Public" or "Secret" any longer

Keine der folgenden Informationen ist erforderlich. Je mehr Sie uns jedoch zur Verfügung stellen, desto einfacher wird es für uns, Ihnen zu helfen.

Planen

Gratisprämie

Land

Germany

Gerät

PC

Betriebssystem

Windows 10

Meine Frage oder Problem

Since a few days, Spotify Desktop Version (latest Version) for WINDOWS 10 doesn't show the option to make my playlist public in the drop down menu. Furthermore there is also no option to keep already public playlists "Secret"
A few days ago, this option will be shown in the drop down menu.
Now, no possibility, to publish any of my playlist.

Does anybody know, what I can do, to publish my playlists again ?

Ist there a limit of playlist, which can be publised ?

Thx in advance for your help
Regards
Christian

2 Replies

Hi @Gowinda,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

The “Make Public/Make Secret” playlist privacy command has been renamed “Add to profile/Remove from profile”; so you can select “Add to profile” to publish your playlist to your Spotify profile.

This change comes with Spotify’s new playlist privacy settings that have already been added for the mobile app. The new “Make public/Make private” setting controls whether a playlist can be accessed by Spotify users other than its creator (even if the playlist link has already been shared with others); however, this setting has not yet been rolled out for the desktop app.

Currently the maximum number of playlists that can be viewed on each Spotify users’ profile is 200. However, there is currently an idea in the Idea Exchange of the Spotify Community for removing this limit. While the status of this idea is currently “Closed  - Not Enough Votes,” it can become an active idea again if it gains sufficient votes, and I would recommend adding your +VOTE to the idea if it’s something that you’re interested in.

The more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it; and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Many thanks for your detailed answer. Now everything is clear and working perfect. Thanks for your excellent support

Suggested posts