Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC and Pixel 3XL

Operating System

Windows 10 and Android

My Question or Issue

Today as usual I started my daily drive playlist. The entire playlist is country. I have never listened to any of these songs or any country at all. I checked my recently played to see if someone had been messing with me, but nothing is out of the ordinary, it's all a mix of punk, metal, techno i usually listen to. All of my other custom generated playlists are normal. Just my Daily Drive is totally wrong. 

Is there a way to reset it or something? I really like the feature and use it almost every day, it's a bummer that it's broken. 

5 Replies

Hey @sn34k,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Could you check to see if this is happening if you log into Spotify in the web player or on a mobile device?

If this is specific to the desktop app, could you try a clean reinstall by following the instructions in this support article?

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this 😉

I have the same problem with all my Daily Playlists. Daily 1 shows one list of bands on the Home page, then clicking into it, it shows all the bands from Daily 6 actually in there. Playing Daily 1 on my desktop then leads to playing Daily 6 music. Opening my phone to use it as a controller (since I have to use my monitor for work during the day) completely shuffles what was already playing to some random order that isn't listed on either my phone or my desktop.

Kind of hilarious that this atrocious problem has been going on for 2 years now with no solution. Why am I paying premium? I can't waste time at work fixing**bleep**. Do your jobs.

Hi @KRL93,

Thanks for posting on the Community.

In order to check this further, could you tell us if this is happening when logging in with other devices? On another note, send us a short video where we can see this issue. 

Lastly, let us know if the issue persists while not using Spotify Connect. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It happens too spontaneously to record, let alone I'm working all day and have no time to do Spotify's job for them. Where is their tech team to diagnose these problems? Why am I being blocked from submitting any more replies (LOL go figure, third attempt works)? What do I pay for?

It's pretty god damn irritating to have my playlists randomly shuffle their order while I'm in the middle of listening to them, causing me to hear the same **bleep**ing song over and over and over again, every day. Why do I pay for premium? Honestly... Why?

I don't want to spend half an hour chatting to some minimum wage employee that doesn't know anything about web design. I repeat, do your jobs.

Hi again @KRL93,

We understand that this isn't an ideal experience, but keep in mind that we're just trying to help.

We haven't been able to replicate this on our end, nor have we seen any other recent reports about this, that's why we're asking you for extra info so we can try and narrow down what might be going on and come up with a solution.

Additionally, send us over the make, model, OS version and Spotify version installed on your devices.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts