Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Mix Issues

Daily Mix Issues

The Daily Mixes are great, however mine don't seem to change.

I understand that they're supposed to change over time, with your listening habits. But mine are the same songs, in the same order, every day. Artists that I have set to exclude are not excluded when I reload Spotify the next day. Again, same song, same artist, same location in the feed.

Anyone else had this issue?

20 Replies

Are you using it on Android?

It sucks.

On iOS works perfectly or even on Desktop. But on Android repeats the same songs in different order or in the same order with some new songs in the middle.

It's horrible

No, this is on the Windows Desktop app.

Hey there @b14d3, thanks for reaching the Community! 

Can you try to force refresh it. Just click on the last song from the list, then the daily mix should refresh with new songs. (see the screenshot)

Otherwise, I can suggest you to leave your votes for these ideas >> Idea1 / Idea2 which let you customize your daily mix, creating new mixes, merging mixes and delete mixes : ) 

asd.jpg

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I get to that point every day or so, and it still loads new songs (not the original set) but it's always the same new songs.

So if today I go to the end of the playlist, it loads the new set. Which is the same set as yesterday. And the day before. And the day before.

I understand your struggle, everyone wants fresh new music all the time, but at this point I can`t tell for sure that this is an issue. Try to expand your listening history, add more music to your playlists or save music to your library. Also try to improve your mixes, by like/dislike the tracks. 

Anyway there is always a little delay while Spotify "remember" your listening habbits, so the refresh of the daily mix can take a different time to update for different users, depends of how much music they listen and save : ) 

Like a track? Tap  while it plays! It will save to Your Library, and your Daily Mix will remember that you like it. 

Hate a track? Tap  while it plays so it won’t crop up in your mix again. You’ll also get the option to remove all songs by that artist from your mixes.  

For more info: Daily Mix

I understand that. But this is the same songs, in the same order every day.

And even if you don't recognize that as an issue, what about when I select "Don't Play This Artist In My Daily Mix"? Every day that same artist, same song, is right back on it.

Well if you tap on the "dislike" button and the artists continue to appear thats odd. You have an option to remove all the tracks from this artists when you tap "dislike" did you do that?

Anyway you can try to log out from the app and then back in, to see if there will be any change. 

Thanks for understanding : )

I did select the dislike all of that artist.

Logging out and logging back in did not seem to change anything. 

Sorry about that, unfortunately I can`t assist you further with this, as I don`t use the daily mix much, but if this is an actual live issue, I`m sure that the algorithm is still improving. Please have in mind that the daily mix on desktop is pretty new feature, and at this point there can be some things that are still developing. Thats why I`ve suggested you the above ideas, which are for improving the features of the daily mix : ) 

Hope that new and awesome music will appear on your mixes soon!

I confirm the issue. Each Daily Mix is made by 90% by the same songs for months and months.

Please do not suggest me to dislike songs. I like all of them, but they do not refresh. And the Daily Mix has a fixed length, it never has the "will load more songs as you play" at the bottom. Clearly a bug.

Same problem here. I've had the same mixes for months. My music taste has changed over time, and my daily mixes are still stuck with music I haven't been interested in for a long time. Doesn't seem like daily mixes to me.

I am also experiencing this.  These are just playlists at this point.  I'm sick of them. 

Also, radio could be better too.  If I have a radio on for 8 hours, I will hear the same songs repeat maybe 4-6 times during that period.  

I have and lately it's been worse. It's kind of sucking the joy out of songs I enjoy because I hear them too much and I am not finding as much new stuff. I hope they figure it out soon. I wish they could do a Pandora-like thing with a thumbs up thumbs down or a "neutral" or "play less" option 

Me Three...

I see a number of posts showing this behaviour. I also agree that listening to the same songs for too long gets tiresome, if not painful. 

C'mon Spotify, help us out!

Daily mix, is now, a fail for me. As many here have mentioned, and I'll echo it, it plays the same songs, over and over. Please fix this algorithim.   

I have the same problem with both Radio and Daily mixes. Both play about 20-30 tracks and then stop. All tracks played seem to come from a list of about 100 titles, even though I have nearly 50 followed artists who must have done at least 10,000 tracks between them.

This Groundhog Daily Mix of the same things over and over again is very boring and not what I went premium for.

That's spooky. My Daily Mixes have just started changing. I've not tried Radio yet.

And now they have stopped changing. They just show about 20 titles which never change and just play over and over. Radio is the same: always the same tracks over and over again.

How hard can it possibly be to make something this simple work properly?

Same here. Same daily mix for months. Sick and tired of those songs.

Suggested posts