Premium Family

Country

US

Device

macbook, iPhone and iPad 

Operating System

(iOS10/iOS12 and mojave)

My Question or Issue

my daily mixes were reduced in number and frequency since upgrading my plan from the trial version. I have uninstalled and reinstalled app, and it has still been several weeks without a resolution. 

At first, I thought they would regenerate after some time of listening to more music and submitting likes or favorites. 

I saw this was a previous topic but the solution link does not work. It’s a bit annoying as the daily mixes were pretty spot on and one of the main reasons why I decided to go beyond the trial version of this service.

17 Replies

Hey @Inspirata711

That's a little odd!

How many Daily Mixes did you use to have and how many are you seeing now?

Also, do you see the same number of Daily mixes across all your devices and also the web player?

Note: the web player can be used with Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Edge.

Let me know 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I used to have 6 daily mixes and it went down to two. When I search daily mixes, it also shows the same no matter what platform, device or browser that I use.

It’s really weird.

The two listed mixes are the first two that were generated a couple of days after having the trial version of the account.

@Inspirata711

Just to check, are you listening to loads of different music? 🙂

Daily Mix algorithms take the music you've listened to and sort them into groups of similar music, and the more you listen to various kinds of music, the more it's likely you will receive the maximum number of Daily Mixes (which is 6), and that they will update nicely and have a variety of music.

I'll see what I can suggest!

SebastySpotify Star

I listen to max of there genres usually when working out or studying. So I wouldn’t consider it to be loads of music.

Generally I’ll pick a song then make a radio off that song to allow continuous play.

@Inspirata711

I recommend keeping on listening to music. 🙂
Keep on expanding your music tastes and you should see the new Daily Mixes (re)appear soon. Listening to Daily Mixes only won't really help the algorithms to create more Mixes.

You can try listening to playlists consisting of different genres for example, or a label's discography. I've had a Daily Mix that was purely label-based.

Hope this helps 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Thanks. I’ll mix it up a bit and monitor over the next week or so. We appreciate you taking the time to discuss and offer insight.

hopefully, some awesome daily mixes generate soon.

Cheers

Hey @Inspirata711.

Great! Just keep us posted here - we'll be happy to help 🙂

spotify:track:124NFj84ppZ5pAxTuVQYCQ

As of today, it is still not producing new daily mixes. I have have used the app quite a bit as well. I’ll monitor it over the next couple of days.

Thanks all for your help. My hope is that things get figured out.

Plan

Free

Country

Argentina

Device

Samsung J5 plus

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

I've noticed my daily mixes are gone from my Spotify android app since a few weeks ago. However, I can access them from the desktop version.

This issue apparently is affecting other users too but I haven't seen any workaround or resolution of this issue.

The only daily mixes I have available are old ones which of course are randomized.

Could you help me please?

Thank you and have a great day.

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next! 🙂

I've already done that and I'll list all the things I've tried:

-Restart the device.

-Delete app data and relog. 

-Uninstall and reinstall the app.

What can I do?

Can someone help me?

I haven't still got an answer regarding this. 

Hey @Kero4you,

• Can you please confirm if you're logged into the same account on your Android phone as you are on the desktop by logging out and logging back in again using the right credentials? (If you can't remember them for whatever reason, check out this article for more help to find your account)
  • If possible, link us to any other threads you have seen where users are reporting having the same issue.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

It didn't solve my problem. I still got it.

I've already checked if the desktop session was the same as the Android one and it is.

I can't link any other threads because this website won't allow me to do so.

However, you can easily find at least 5 of them from the last month by just searching the key words "Daily mix".

I think this issue is probably related to the app rather than our phones, we're just the ones reporting it but I'm pretty sure more people are having this issue.

Hey @Kero4you.

Thanks for getting back to us, and apologies for the delay!

On your Android phone, if you try searching for "Daily Mix", it should appear as the first result in the list as a genre, and if you click through it your Daily Mixes should appear. Can you confirm that this is the case?

If not, then could you send us a screenshot of the Daily Mixes that you can see? Once we have that, we'll look into it further.

In the meantime, could you also make sure to check and send us the exact Spotify version that your Android device is rocking?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Thank you for your answer!

I've tried to search the keyword Daily Mix but the results I've got were just user's playlist named like that.

I've attached a screenshot of my Home page. Remember this is how I see Spotify on my android device. 

As you can see there, I've only got two Daily mixes which are the ones I almost never use. Then I have 3 of them under the category "Intensive use music" (in spanish)

Screenshot_20190206-120130.png

Hey @Kero4you.

Thanks for sending us that screenshot.

From what I can see, Daily Mixes 1-5 are appearing for you, however some of them are on demand, and others are shuffled (with the blue icon underneath the album art). If you are on Free, then the expected behaviour is that all of them should be playable on demand.

This seems to be a slightly different issue to the one that the first user originally posted about. We suggest that you head on over to this thread, where we are troubleshooting other users experiencing the same issue. We'll make sure to keep you updated in that thread.

If you do have any other questions about the Daily Mixes which is relevant to the original issue, we'll be right here.

Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts