Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Mix Says Offline and Radio gives an error 'Failing to Load'

Daily Mix Says Offline and Radio gives an error 'Failing to Load'

I have an active premium subscription and running the desktop version on Windows 7, these features have worked fine in the past but in the past month these features have stopped working, they do work after a reinstall but as soon as I close Spotify then re-open it, it stops working. I would really appreciate any advice or fixes since I use these features a lot normally. 

daily mix.png
radio.png
3 Replies

Hey @MorganJohn, welcome to the community!

If your Daily Mixes have disappeared, and you can't find them even using the search bar, keep an eye out on this thread. The right team is looking into this issue as we speak, and any update will be posted there.

About the error you get when trying to use the Radio, let us know the exact Spotify version number, and if it happens to other devices using the same internet connection.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I've got exactly the same problem, started happening last week.

Last week I was however able to get it back after doing a full reinstall on my mac, later that day it started happening on my windows PC as well. Reinstall there helped as well, it was fine for a couple of days, now it happens again. Reinstall doesn't help anymore, removed all related data from my mac, nothing changed. I'm able to find the daily mix application using search, but it says offline.

I'm able to start a radio stream from the browser (using connect it starts playing on my mac), but there's no indication on the spotify application that it's actually a radio, it just shows a generic 'playlist' (no like/dislike for example, whereas on the web it does show them).

EDIT: Spotify version on my mac: 1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f

Hey @Tommynator1.

I understand.

If you've followed the troubleshooting posted on the thread above, we'll need to wait for the team to release a fix. Make sure your Spotify app is always up to date, and keep an eye out to the thread I linked for any updates.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts