Daily Mix Updating and Other Playlist Question

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Windows, iPhone 7, MacBook Pro

My Question or Issue

A few days ago I realized that I had the ability to download and/or save my Daily Mixes to my Library. I did so without thinking, and am now noticing that they are not live updating the way they used to. I rarely listen to my Daily Mixes so maybe this is something that happened a long time ago, but I couldn't find any official or unofficial documentation of it on the internet.

Additionally, Spotify's new playlists, Repeat and Repeat Rewind, are also supposed to live update but in my account they are static, with a posted date of 5 days ago. How often are these playlists supposed to update? I just wanted to make sure I didn't irrevocably mess up my playlists.

This happens to me across all devices, should I cross-post in the other relevant forums?

Thanks!

9 Replies

Hey! So from what I know, Daily Mixes don't actually refresh daily like the name might imply, they're more subtle in their changes. The two playlists that do completely refresh are your Discover Weekly and Release Radar, so I recommend those if you're looking for fresh new music!

I'd assume that the Repeat and Rewind playlist is similar to the Daily Mixes that way too, but if the issues continue for a longer period of time that would definitely be worth getting looked into. Hope this helped 🙂

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

But why am I now able to download and save the Daily Mixes?

As far as I know, we always were. They'll still update on their own, just not a complete daily refresh like the name sort of makes you think 🙂

Hi @emily_wherever

The new playlist On Repeat auto-updates and Repeat Rewind updates every five days. In my case, both of those playlists update every five days. 

You can read more about them here

If it comes to Daily Mixes, those are not playlists that you can download (here's a support article on that as well). If you're able to do it on your account, it might be a bug. It might also be the reason that they're not updating. 

That's why I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstall. Just find your device in this article and follow provided steps. 

Hi @Emilia_8,
Thank you very much for your suggestion. I was looking at the article and it seems like that is a fix for a glitch on one device. However, I can save/download my daily mixes on all my devices: my Windows computer at work, my Mac at home, and my iPhone. Do you still recommend a clean install? Should I clean install every instance of the program?

Hi @emily_wherever

The fact that you can download them might be the reason they're not updating. 

I'd still recommend clean reinstall on all your devices with Spotify. 

Which article do you mean? In this article it's explained how to perform it on Iphone, Mac and Windows. 

I hope it helps!

Hey @emily_wherever,

Just to follow-up on what @Emilia_8 said, could you send us a screenshot which clearly shows the option to save your Daily Mix (as opposed to add the songs to a playlist)? Could you also let us know if your Daily Mixes are endless, or is there a finite number of songs in them?

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Yes, I can! It was weird because right after @Emilia_8 replied to me, I could no longer heart/save the whole playlist and they were all endless again, but then this morning on my iPhone I suddenly could again. Whenever I have the option to heart/save them, they are not endless. Here are some screenshots:

InkedIMG_2649_LI.jpg
Spotify.png

Hi @emily_wherever,

Thank you for the screenshots! 

If you see some changes in your Spotify app, don't worry, it might happened from time to time. Check this support article. 

Suggested posts