Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Daily Mix disappeared from all devices

Spotify Daily Mix disappeared from all devices

Daily Mixes disappeared from all my devices and even on web player for 3 weeks (since 2018-11-12) even though I use Spotify regularly. I attached a screenshot from my Samsung Note 8

Things I tried:

- Reinstalling Spotify 

- I created a new account on the same device and it had Daily Mixes in no time  When I switched to my old account  I still couldn't find them  

Plan

Premium Trial

Country

Egypt

Device

PC, Samsung Note 8 and LG G4

Operating System

Linux and Android

Screenshot_20181202-004902_Spotify.jpg
22 Replies

Plan

Premium

Device

(iPhone 7, Computer)

Operating System

(iOS 12, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

My Daily Mixes playlist has gone missing. I noticed that 3 days ago. Never had this problem, even after a long hiatus. The Discover Weekly playlist is horrible, no songs match my tastes whatsoever, but the Daily Mix was really good.

I've basically been listening to the songs I added to my library over and over again to see if the playlist comes back.

Hello, most of my daily mixes have disappeared, I had 5 of them before, now I only have one, I listened to all of them, and most of the music genres too, so I don't know why they were deleted.

Hey @TobbyGabriel Welcome to the Spotify Communtiy!

If you try using the web player, does the daily mixes show up there? If not, what i would recommend is logging out and relogging back in and let your account refresh. Once you have done that, wait about 48 hours to see if they reappear. 

Keep me posted!

Keanu_C

Hey @Sleet37 Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Try logging off and reloggin back into your account. This will help refresh your account information. Once you have done this, give about 48 hours to let it resync and figure out what songs you like. 

Also double check to make sure it isnt your software. To do this go to the web player and see if your daily mix shows up there. 

Keep me posted!

Keanu_C

They've disappeared for a long time already, on the APP for iOS, on the Windows software and on the web player, I searched for other answers and never found one, then yesterday I saw one where a guy said the same things I did and Spotify fixed it for him, but its been months already since they disappeared.

I already logged out and in three days ago.No difference on computer or cellphone.

Are all your devices up to date? Usually if they dont appear it is because the version of you spotify is outdate. Check and see if they are up to date, if they are then what i would recommend is contacting Spotify and have them see why your daily mixes still have yet to appear after 2 months.  Click on this Spotify Support Link to contact them.

Keanu_C

How often do you use Spotify? If you use it daily then daily mixes should be created for you. However, if you are a new user it could take about 2 weeks for Spotify to compile your daily mixes. 

Keanu_C

Yes, I am using it daily.

I am a long time user.

I have had way longer hiatuses than the last one I had. And my Daily Mix never disappeared.

Any help?

Hey @Sleet37 

There are a couple of thing i would like you to check.

1. Are you listening to a variety of different genres and artist? If you are only listening to one type of genre and a few artist then its going to take much longer to generate your Daily Mixes. 
  2. Check and make sure you are not running on Private Mode. To check click on the drop arrow next to your username and see if it states you are currently in a Private Session.
  3. Make sure you are running the most up to date version of Spotify. To check go to the drop arrow and click on settings. Scroll all the way down until you reach About Spotify. There it will tell you whether you are running the most up to date version. 

Keep me posted!

Keanu_C

Yes, I am listening to a variety of artists and songs. Not only from my playlists but also from my friends’. (The Daily Mix list was generated for me last year, even though I bought spotify only to listen to Sabaton and I had no variety of artists or songs. Since then, I discovered new songs through this playlist)

I’m not in private mode.

I’m running on the latest version both on my iPhone and PC.

The Daily Mix is nowhere to be found on the app. And if I search for it, all it says is that Daily Mix is coming soon and it’s being developed by Spotify, etc.

I am not going to use the Discover Weekly playlist (which for some reason appears for me). It is not even close to what Daily Mix recommended me. I did not like a single song from Discover Weekly, but I would find myself playing any song that appeared on the Daily Mix.

Could you possibly take a screenshot of the daily mix section so then i can see what it says.

Thanks

Keanu_C

Hello,

You could maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app. If this doesn’t work, try downloading the newest Spotify Beta or downloading an older version from.

If you need more help, keep me posted!

Hope this helps!!!

My account have this problem on web player. So, this problem is related to
the account not my device nor app version. My device could play Daily Mixes
from another test account I was instructed to try by Spotify support.

Hello,

It can take up to two weeks before new users see the feature. But from what your saying you have had this account for a while? So, If you still cannot see it then log a ticket using the support Contact Form HERE

I hope that helps!!!

Hey folks,

Thanks for raising this with us on the Community!

If you are experiencing this issue, could you first try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Log out and back in again
  • Restart your device
  • Perform a clean reinstall of the app
  • Check out this help article for finding other accounts to ensure your DM's aren's saved there.
  • Try on a different device (or try Web Player instead of desktop app)?

If, after trying these steps, you're still experiencing this issue, could you provide us with the following info:

• Device and OS version
  • Spotify version
  • When this started to happen, and if you changed something with your account during that time
  • A screenshot showing the missing Daily Mixes?

As soon as we have this info, we will pass it on to the relevant team.

Thanks!

@Peter wrote:

Hey folks,

Thanks for raising this with us on the Community!

If you are experiencing this issue, could you first try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Log out and back in again
  • Restart your device
  • Perform a clean reinstall of the app
  • Try on a different device (or try Web Player instead of desktop app)?

If, after trying these steps, you're still experiencing this issue, could you provide us with the following info:

• Device and OS version
  • Spotify version
  • a screenshot showing the missing Daily Mixes?

As soon as we have this info, we will pass it on to the relevant team.

Thanks!

I have already tried reinstalling too many times. However I cannot see Daily Mixes on any device nor the web player.

Device model: Samsung Note 8 (SM-N950F)

OS Version: Android 8.0.0

Spotify version: 8.4.84.874

sc1.jpgsc2.png

Plan Premium Device (iPhone 8 Plus ( latest Spotify version), Computer) Operating System (latest iOS, Windows 7 & 10) My Question or Issue: My Daily Mixes playlists are missing. Not sure exactly when it started but I recently upgraded my account to premium and they definitely haven't been there since then. I have tried it on the iPhone app, the desktop app in Windows 10, the web based app in Windows 7 and in multiple browsers and they're just not there. To be honest most of the content I expect to see in the Made for You section seems to be missing. I'm still showing top songs from 2017, a year after that year ended.

Suggested posts