Regular

Plan

Premium

Device

(iPhone 7, Computer)

Operating System

(iOS 12, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

My Daily Mixes playlist has gone missing. I noticed that 3 days ago. Never had this problem, even after a long hiatus. The Discover Weekly playlist is horrible, no songs match my tastes whatsoever, but the Daily Mix was really good.

I've basically been listening to the songs I added to my library over and over again to see if the playlist comes back.

8 Replies

Re: Daily Mix playlist gone

Rising Star 20 Keanu_C
Rising Star 20

Hey @Sleet37 Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Try logging off and reloggin back into your account. This will help refresh your account information. Once you have done this, give about 48 hours to let it resync and figure out what songs you like. 

Also double check to make sure it isnt your software. To do this go to the web player and see if your daily mix shows up there. 

Keep me posted!

Keanu_C

Keanu_CRising Star 20
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sleet37
Regular

I already logged out and in three days ago.No difference on computer or cellphone.

Rising Star 20 Keanu_C
Rising Star 20

How often do you use Spotify? If you use it daily then daily mixes should be created for you. However, if you are a new user it could take about 2 weeks for Spotify to compile your daily mixes. 

Keanu_C

Keanu_CRising Star 20

Sleet37
Regular

Yes, I am using it daily.

I am a long time user.

I have had way longer hiatuses than the last one I had. And my Daily Mix never disappeared.

Sleet37
Regular

Any help?

1 person liked this

Rising Star 20 Keanu_C
Rising Star 20

Hey @Sleet37 

There are a couple of thing i would like you to check.

1. Are you listening to a variety of different genres and artist? If you are only listening to one type of genre and a few artist then its going to take much longer to generate your Daily Mixes. 
  2. Check and make sure you are not running on Private Mode. To check click on the drop arrow next to your username and see if it states you are currently in a Private Session.
  3. Make sure you are running the most up to date version of Spotify. To check go to the drop arrow and click on settings. Scroll all the way down until you reach About Spotify. There it will tell you whether you are running the most up to date version. 

Keep me posted!

Keanu_C

Keanu_CRising Star 20
Highlighted

Sleet37
Regular

Yes, I am listening to a variety of artists and songs. Not only from my playlists but also from my friends’. (The Daily Mix list was generated for me last year, even though I bought spotify only to listen to Sabaton and I had no variety of artists or songs. Since then, I discovered new songs through this playlist)

I’m not in private mode.

I’m running on the latest version both on my iPhone and PC.

The Daily Mix is nowhere to be found on the app. And if I search for it, all it says is that Daily Mix is coming soon and it’s being developed by Spotify, etc.

I am not going to use the Discover Weekly playlist (which for some reason appears for me). It is not even close to what Daily Mix recommended me. I did not like a single song from Discover Weekly, but I would find myself playing any song that appeared on the Daily Mix.

Rising Star 20 Keanu_C
Rising Star 20

Could you possibly take a screenshot of the daily mix section so then i can see what it says.

Thanks

Keanu_C

Keanu_CRising Star 20
SUGGESTED POSTS