Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete radio station

Solved!

Delete radio station

Hi

I accidentally added a radio station for someone I really didn't want to but can't find a way to delete them from my list

Can anyone please help and tell me how to?
253 Replies

Only if the first one you created is the one you want to get rid of.  If you created a station today - and that station sucked - you would have to delete the 19 that preceded the creation of this one.  Easy - right?

Silly, what's with not being able to delete a radio station???  I just signed up, and was learning how to use the site, testing things and added stations I have no intention of keeping nor wanting to look at excess clutter.  Rather have an ad then a superfluous radio stations.  This is a simple programing fix; unless this is more of a business issue, in that case shame on you.

expecting better, cheers

Gosh, I've been checking over and over again thinking spotify would have added the "delete station" functionality but obviously they haven't.

does anyone know if  this has to do with how they make money? if the quantity of radio stations helps spotify somehow? without the delete function, no doubt everyone on spotify reaches 20 stations really fast, whereas if they allowed us to delete, many people would  limit to fewer than 20 stations only keeping the few they like.  Not adding delete must benefit spotify somehow. I'm really curious.

Spotify earns on track plays and advertising so I'm not sure how not listening to a radio station would contribute to their income streams.

Grocery stores make more money on the items that are placed at eye level, perhaps this goes the same for Spotify.  After all, it favors an artist to have many people having their stations out there, eventually someone my click on it again...

Truly amazing how this isn't yet solved. Probably moving to Rdio soon with this type of UI progression.

I think it's interesting how many folks don't realize that they can't delete a radio station on Spotify, like you can pretty much anywhere else.  I still love the "Discover" feature on Spotify - and will use the free, ads-included version - to help discover new music.  I'm just surprised that Spotify can't fix something that is an easy fix.  Guess they don't want the $.

Can you give an ETA for the fix?

Unfortunately Spotify doesn't seem to think this is a priority for them - or thousands of others who might want to spend a nominal amount of $ - to upgrade to a Premium service.  You might want to start your own thread asking them that question.  Until then - I have no faith in them making a change.

Yes, this is just absurd. 

"I hope that clears things up a little." Yes, it makes it clear that code trolls would rather users employ a tedious kludge rather than design FO functionality.

Code trolls can't hear you lalalala

This would be acceptable I suppose if this was as free service  For a website that is this established and  people pay good money for this is unacceptable.   I some how have Christian stations and mediation radio stations I would love to get rid of but can't. Unacceptable to the point of canceling my subscription.

As a brand new user, thinking of switching from Pandora, I have to chime in and talk about the insulting view of the user community Spotify presents by not having a delete and also having very useless help information.

When I first got in, the thing created an "Eminem" channel. Disgusting. I can't delete it. Terrible. I can't find a way to easily add seeds to your channel the way you can in Pandora. Pathetic.

This is not the way to get me to switch.

Hello ithinktiam,

from your experience I have come to know that I probably never created that fricking "eminem" station that I can't get rid of.
I was confused cause I positively know that I have never searched or listened to any of his songs, let alone having set a radio station to all his glory. So I've been wondering for a long time how the heck the d*** station got there. This is outrageoous, first to create a radio station without asking you for whatever musician or so-called that they please, and then not letting you the choice to delete that piece of dookie.

Most of my bad language is just intended to try to make a little fun of a situation that I find rather less than unpleasant.

It would be my opinion that as Spotify is controlled financially by the major record labels that it would be in their interest to promote the label's major artists in any way possible. Having radio stations create themselves and not being able to delete is just a subtle way of advertising. I cannot see any other reason for Spotify not to action a delete function. This issue has been going on for a very long time with no response so I doubt it is going to happen ever.

If the lack of delete is there to promote controlling record labels (which is probably true)  then I think it is counterproductive.  If I hear a new track or artist that I like I will not create a radio station based on them because I know that if I find I don't like it I can't easily delete it.  Because of this fewer new music/artists are given air time hence less income to the record companies.

Good point. You'd basically have to delete all your stations and add the desired ones back. I'm struggling to see how this simple feature was overlooked. Thanks to it, my station choices are a jumbled mess.

This is too funny. I can easily delete messages in my online forum account, but not crappy stations - still after how long this has been requested??????

What's worse is that after installation my default Radio Station ("Your Stations") was set up as Eminem?!!?  What the hell?  Are they trying to push this or something?  Music I detest and it looks like it is my top choice.  And there is nothing I can do about it.

Suggested posts