Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting the Windows 10 Spotify App - Like, actually deleting it.

Deleting the Windows 10 Spotify App - Like, actually deleting it.

So if you, like me, though the Windows 10 Store app would be a good idea and shorttly thereafter realized you made a mistake, you've probably also been tearing your hair out trying to uninstall it. I finally found out how to do this. 

1. Open the start menu

2. Type 'settings' and hit the enter key

3. Go into 'Apps' - this should display a list of all your apps (kind of exactly like the menu you get in Control Panel...gotta love an OS that's running two version of itself in some aspects...sigh. A post for a different forum perhaps lol.) 

4. Find Spotify, Click on it, then click 'Uninstall'.

You're done! As long as it disappeared from your list, you should be good to go. I hope this helps some other people get rid of the Windows 10 Store App and switch back to the desktop version of it that works mostly flawlessly. 

4 Replies

I made an account JUST FOR THIS!!

THANK YOU!  Found it and removed it.

My setup i think maybe a little different:

1. Click the windows button

2. Click the settings (cog) icon

3.Go to the apps 

4. Scroll til you find spotify and uninstall.   

I would never have gotten this far without this post!  I thought ALL apps to uninstall would be in the control panel.   I WAS WRONG!

Hey guys, you can also uninstall the Spotify Windows Store app by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard, typing in "Spotify" to search for it, right click Spotify then select Uninstall. 

Good tip for everyone else though having this issue!

So I'm trying to delete then install Spotify (it wasn't opening up for some reason) And I uninstalled it but when I try to download it again, it won't install and it says that I have Spotify open. Then it says File in Use...? How do I delete the file?

Hi there @kaijordan,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you try to perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts