Deluxe/Expanded Edition Albums Replacing Originals

Deluxe/Expanded Edition Albums Replacing Originals

kinzr13
Music Fan

Is anyone else annoyed when an "Expanded" or "Delux Edition" shows up in an aritist's discography and replaces the orignal verion of the album?  I rarely (if ever at all) want to add the Expanded Edition to my library, with all the extra demo tracks and whatnot added, so I always chose to save the original album.  Lately however, I've been noticing that it seems oringial albums are disappaeting in favor of an "Expanded" or "Deluxe" edition. 

I wanted to post and "Idea" on this, but for some reason can't find a way to post a new Idea.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Deluxe/Expanded Edition Albums Replacing Originals

honuswagner

Agree. We should have the choice between the standard album and the deluxe version. 

For the UX dweebs working on this app, here are some user stories:

• As a record collector, I like to listen to albums as they were originally released.
  • As a user that's near his (incredibly stupid) library song limit, I want to save an album without it needlessly increasing my song count.
  • As someone listening to an album for the first time, demos, live recordings, extended cuts and alternate versions are often not interesting to me.
  • As a superfan of a group, I sometimes like digging into the demos, live recordings, extended cuts and alternate versions of a deluxe album.

Please consider this feedback.

SUGGESTED POSTS