Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deluxe/Expanded Edition Albums Replacing Originals

Deluxe/Expanded Edition Albums Replacing Originals

Is anyone else annoyed when an "Expanded" or "Delux Edition" shows up in an aritist's discography and replaces the orignal verion of the album?  I rarely (if ever at all) want to add the Expanded Edition to my library, with all the extra demo tracks and whatnot added, so I always chose to save the original album.  Lately however, I've been noticing that it seems oringial albums are disappaeting in favor of an "Expanded" or "Deluxe" edition. 

I wanted to post and "Idea" on this, but for some reason can't find a way to post a new Idea.

1 Reply

Agree. We should have the choice between the standard album and the deluxe version. 

For the UX dweebs working on this app, here are some user stories:

• As a record collector, I like to listen to albums as they were originally released.
  • As a user that's near his (incredibly stupid) library song limit, I want to save an album without it needlessly increasing my song count.
  • As someone listening to an album for the first time, demos, live recordings, extended cuts and alternate versions are often not interesting to me.
  • As a superfan of a group, I sometimes like digging into the demos, live recordings, extended cuts and alternate versions of a deluxe album.

Please consider this feedback.

Suggested posts