Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon AVR X1200W spotify connect doesn't connect

Denon AVR X1200W spotify connect doesn't connect

Since a few weeks, may after an upgrade, spotify connect doesn't do what it ought to do, connecting. I have a Denon AVR X1200W and use a Samsung Galaxy S7 with the spotify app and Denon app installed. For a few weeks ago it alwys worked flawlessly, but now the Denon amplifier disappears form the list of Spotify Connect. On the amplifer you see on a sudden moment please wait....assigning.....With a bit of luck the amplifier appears again in the spotify connect list, but sometime it doesn't reappear. When everything goes well, and I decide to look at my Samsung and turn it on, you hear a nasty sound through my speakers and the denon gets kicked out again. With a Iphone the problem is less.  Listening to music normally is not possible anymore. Tomorrow a friend of mine is gonna try it with Deezer on my phone and amplifier. If that works flawlessly it is probably a spotify connect problem. What can I do to solve it???

7 Replies

Hi, 

I have almost the same issue on my Marantz M-CR611.

Only difference is that the issue is consistent and doesn't depend on whether I use my Windows 10 PC, or an Android phone.

As in your case, the connection drops after 15-35 minutes. Sometimes a cracking sound appears. To find the Marantz in the Spotify list again I have to cycle power on it (turn off and on again).

This is my situation: (perhaps we can see if we are having the exact same issue).

- Marantz connected to the network via RJ45 Cat6 cable, on a gigabit port, directly to broadband routing switch.

- Set a fixed IP-address, DHCP option disabled.

- Can ping the Marantz flawlessly.

- Disabled all firewalls.

- Updated to latest Spotify app/program.

- Updated to latest Marantz firmware.

I've read several other mentions of this very issue here on the Spotify Community site, and they have all been closed by Spotify staff. That's not OK!

Hi there,

thanks for your reply. In haven't got a fixed IP and DHCP is enabled. The strange thing is when an I Phone is being used there is no problem. When a second IPhone is turned on nothing strange happens. As soon as another Samsung cell Phone is turned on, the Denon is kicked out again. The denon reappears on the same IP adress after some time or by manually typing the IP adress again in the denon app. I forgot to mention that the Denon amplifier only disappears for a very short time, but reappears very quickly in the network. Often I can even control the amplifier with my samsung S7 again. But it won't come back in spotify connect. You have to wait quite some time to use spotify connect again.

Maybe trying a fixed IP en disabling DHCP will work. There are a lot of people who mention this same complaint on the internet (Marantz, Denon). Sometimes I read that spotify connect won't work if DHCP is disabled. But I'm gonna try this this weekend.

By the way, I haven't read anywhere a solution on the internet, only the complaints.

gr Walter

update: in the meantime I've downloaded some music on a SD card on my Samsung Galaxy S7 and connected by means of blue tooth with the Denon AVR X1200. Guess what, also in that situation I was kicked out of network the same as described above. So Spotify has got no part in this. It is a problem between the cooperation of Samsung/Android and Denon. Again, with the Iphones and Ipads here I don't have these problems. So I have read that these problemes were given notice of on the internet since 2015. And I couldn't discover a general solution. I know now what I'm gonna do. Get rid of my Samsung (Android) and change to Apple Iphone, or buy another amplifier. I have visited a friend who has got a Sony amplifier and everything, as far I could see, worked flawleesly. 

That's interesting. I sent my Marantz back to the dealer, and they're exchanging the network card now.

First they did a firmware reload and test, and I guess they saw the same issue as we're describing, because it prompted them to order a new network card for it.

Hopefully this will solve the network issues.

I'll update this thread when I get my unit back.

I am curious if this issue can be solved by replacing a networkcard or reprogram it. If I use spotify connect while the wifi connection is turned off and 4G has been turned on, the cooperation between the Denon, Samsung S7 with Spotify works flawlessly. I can adjust the volume on the spotify app, but the Denon app is of coarse not available anymore. The rest of my familymembers have Iphones, but as soon as a guest enters my livingroom with an android cellphone and connects to my router, the denon is being kicked out again. So I urge them to turn of the wifi, and, not to connect to my router.

All... 

Please take a look at my post...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Connect-Bring-back-Spotify-Connect-t...

Spotify dropped support for a lot of receivers... 

See this support page:

https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/why-cant-i-use-the-spotify-app-on-my-spe...

Open the dropdown list for Denon and check if your device is mentioned for a possible firmware update. If not, it probably is not possible to use the Spotify app on your device anymore.

Suggested posts