Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Album Art missing

[Desktop] Album Art missing

So I got this problem 6 months ago but this is actually triggering me more. 

The Album cover is missing only at the upper left corner when using media keys, I have enabled the option(Show desktop overlay when using media keys).
spoty.PNG

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

MSI GE62QD

Operating System

Windows 10

5 Replies

Disable that "Show desktop overlay when using media keys" option, play some songs, then turn the option back on. If that doesn't work then reinstall Spotify and see if that clears up the issue. If that doesn't work does the artwork show for any other songs you play that aren't from Spotify? If not then it may be an issue with your system. 

It might be a System issue. Groove also dont show the cover , for example, but im posting this here to get any information.

How did you get your Spotify to playback in a full-screen mode like you are showing in the screenshot? I am trying to figure out how to show the art of the single or album while the music is playing exactly like your screenshot shows. It is very easy to get it to look like that on mobile but I have no idea how to do it on PC.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the button I have been trying to find for so long now.

What was the button?

Hey folks,

Just jumping in here to add some extra info to what @rpenn suggested.

If the album art is missing despite turning the option "Show desktop overlay when using media keys" off and back on, we also suggest a reinstall, however using the steps here. This way you can make sure that no leftover files remain that might be causing such behavior.

If that still doesn't fix things could you try it out on another device, if you have that option, and let us know if it worked there? It would help us out a lot if you also leave a comment with the model and operating system of your device, as well as you plan and Spotify version

@xNico you'll find the button on the right side of the volume bar, it's two arrows pointing away from each other. You can also see it in the bottom right corner of the screenshot @elkikiiii posted. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a nice day.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts