Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop App - Drag & Drop stopped working

Solved!

Desktop App - Drag & Drop stopped working

Can't relocate tracks within the playlists, cant reorder the playlist sort - basically every single function that relies on drag & drop stopped working .

Did a fresh reinstall, no help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Forgive me my reluctance: many desktop apps use the Chromium Embedded Framework, such as Spotify. The new Chromium release (62, eta is 17th of October) should fix the problems with the Wacom and apps that use this framework.

It would be nice if Spotify should confirm this, but apparently, we're a self catering service station. 

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Are you by any chance using a Wacom tablet instead of a mouse? My Wacom pen lost drag and drop functionality, but with a mouse it's all working like expected.

/Mac user

Correction: It took totally 3 FRESH REINSTALLS 😉

Nope, regular mouse - in the end, after trying reboots etc. - only a fresh
reinstall did help

I have the same problem. Do you know if someone already made a thread for that problem? 

It's quite solveable. Chrome had the same issue, and in the new release (which came out today), it's fixed (see also https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=757069). 

Without doing any reinstalls or reboot (just quit Spotify and got to work for a couple of hours) drag and drop is now working again. Weird.

<edit> Aaaaaand it's gone. Sometimes it works. Mostly not.</edit>

Having the same problem here after updating the software a few days ago. On a Mac though. 

Same problem, using an Intuos5 Pro. Regular behaviour using the trackpad

I have been in contact with Wacom for this issue for some time (have the same problems in Chrome and Audition, hence). It's solved in Chrome, due to the release of version 61. 

Wacom told me that Spotify and Adobe use parts of the Chrome engine, and that therefore similar problems (non-responsive buttons, sliders, faders, et cetera) can occur. This should be solved in version 62 (should hit the surface in october/november of this year). 

I'm a bit reluctant to believe that Spotify uses parts of the Chrome engine (what if you don't use Chrome?), so if someone can confirm/deny this, then that would be very useful. 

I'm also a wacom user. Sounds like my drag and drop issues might be related to this as well.

You can experience the same problem in chrome. I just installed the Google Chrome Canary build (an early development version) and all drag & drop problems I had with the regular browser are gone. Problem persists in Spotify, I guess because it's based on the regular version, so we probably need to wait for this development build to be published and then put in the Spotify app. In the meanwhile, Spotify could answer on this topic, of course, it'd be appreciated. Guys are you there? Hello?

Pretty much same problem here, with an intuos on Windows. Drag & drop stop working when I use my wacom pen but works perfectly with my mouse.

Does anyone know if there's a way to revert back to an older version of spotify? The latest update of the Mac desktop app is pretty much unusable for wacom users.

Problem seems to be gone right now, version 1.0.64.399.g4637b02a for MAC

I spoke too soon: it comes and goes

Same for me on an intuos Pro and macbook Pro. trackpad and mouse work fine, but my wacom has this issue only with spotify. Please fix!

Marked as solution

Forgive me my reluctance: many desktop apps use the Chromium Embedded Framework, such as Spotify. The new Chromium release (62, eta is 17th of October) should fix the problems with the Wacom and apps that use this framework.

It would be nice if Spotify should confirm this, but apparently, we're a self catering service station. 

Same probblem with Spotify 1.0.64.399.g4637b02a on MacOX Sierra with Intuos Pro 5

I worked around the problem by configuring the pen in mouse mode for Spotify

- got in Wacom Settings

- sellect Grip Pen and add Spotify in application

- go to the tab Mapping and select mouse. Remove acceleration and increase speed

- restart Spotify

- it worked for me. I can drag and drop elements, however the mouse is sometimes erratic or get stuck inside a panel

Another trick is clicking the touchpad while selecting and element and the drag it with the pen

Problem is not solved for me - Wacom intuos pro and wacom One - both have same problem with drag and dropping - it does not work. Sometimes even using pen right clik spotify freezes using wacom. Situation does not occur with my laptop touchpad - only with Wacom.

Drag&Drop issues are currently gone, running 1.0.65.320.gac7a8e02 on Mac 10.12

Turning off "Windows Ink" in Wacom properties/mapping solved problem for me.

(Windows 10, Wacom intuos pro s, Wacom One)

Suggested posts