Premium

Country

United States 

Device

Desktop App and Web Player

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For a couple of months now, I have not been able to play any music from Spotify on my desktop. It started with only a couple of songs skipping, but now I am unable to play any songs at all. 

When I click play nothing appears, the pause button greys out and no album art or titles appear in the play bar. I have had an account for about 5 years now and have had premium for most of that time. 

Please help me find a solution. I am willing to provide any information that will help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have since cancelled my Spotify Premium subscription and have moved to Apple Music. That is my solution to this problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @JNoworyta97!

There are some bugs in the desktop app, the issues you are facing may be related to this or this. You can vote for these so they will catch more attention. I hope these will be fixed very soon, please be patient.

I wish you a great day 🙂

Neither of these solutions are what I am referring too. This also happens on the web player and plays no songs. This is not just a playlist problem but a problem with all music that I try to listen to on Spotify. A clean reinstall did not help either.

@JNoworyta97

So you are unable to play ANY songs in both WebApp and desktop app? I'll be glad if you can provide some screenshots also I suggest to try web player once more after clearing your browsers cache. Looking to hear from you.

Correct. I think this may be more of an account issue, but Spotify acts correctly when played from my phone. Below are screenshots and better examples of what I mean.

Here are my screenshots. In the first screenshot labeled Spotify Desktop App, you can see that the song is "playing" by the green pause and the song displayed in green, but on the play bar, nothing happens or appears. The song is not actually playing either.

On the second screenshot labeled Spotify Web Broswer, I am unable to even hit the play button at all for songs. Nothing happens whatsoever.

Spotify Desktop AppSpotify Desktop AppSpotify Web BrowserSpotify Web Browser

Marked as solution

I have since cancelled my Spotify Premium subscription and have moved to Apple Music. That is my solution to this problem.

Suggested posts