Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop App isn't working properly!

Desktop App isn't working properly!

Hi there,

Recently in the past week or so certain functionality of my desktop app doesnt seem to be working and I dont know the reason behind it.

New playlists in which I create are not updating properly with the songs. For example my new playlist in which I have created only shows 5 songs on the desktop app but on my mobile or tablet it shows the actual 17 songs assigned to it.

I've also found out that if I search an artist or song and start playing the song it doesn't load for me and I can mainly only play it via adding it to a playlist. 

I've tried un-installing it then re-installing it but it seems to of made no difference what so ever and sometimes it will mute the audio for the application and I have to keep on enabling it through windows sound mixer.

I would appreciate it if you could suggest any solutions you think might solve this issue and thank you for your time into reading this thread.

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

6 Replies

Hey @V3ptur, help's here. 

Looks like what you're experiencing is already described on this thread which we're currently looking into with the right team. Make sure to go there and add your +Vote and comment in order to get updates.

Hope that helps 🙂

Hi Jemi,

Please may you send the link of the thread you are referring to.

Thanks

Same problem here, can't play certain songs on my desktopversion of spotify. Although i can play those songs on my android version of spotify. This problem is now going on for a month or so. Really annoying!!

Hey @V3ptur and @Jort_,

The thread which we're currently monitoring is located here. Apologies for that!

Make sure to check the status update, vote and comment in order to get updates. 

All the best 🙂

same here

Hey @_Anu_

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know what issues are you exactly experiencing with the app and what troubleshooting steps you've already tried? 

On another note, are you having issues only with the desktop app or is it happening across devices? 

Lastly, could you check if the same happens on the web player

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts