Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Browse] Am I the only who really dislikes the new design for desktop?

[Desktop][Browse] Am I the only who really dislikes the new design for desktop?

Normally I don't do this, but here it goes.. I feel the new spotify layout design for desktop is a big decline from how it was. Some things that I think are changes for the worse:

- Artist's profiles don't have a clear timeline with releases anymore
- There used to be 10 'popular songs' on top, now it feels like the font is way bigger and only 5 songs are left.
- Info about the artist ('about') is now completely on the bottom of the artist profile
- Similar artists are now kind of hidden in the mess of the new artist profile

Does anyone see any good changes in the last update? I really don't. Long story short: my spotify experience just completely went down the drain. 

So my question is: would there be a way for me to just install the old spotify and stick with that? Would honestly be really appreciated. 

9 Replies

you are not the only one - every day I find something new to scream at in the latest UI.

I kind of like the idea of just being able to revert to the old interface, which did not give me a headache from squinting.

I reverted to the old interface as well. Seriously made my life better.

@destine, how did you do that?

I also want to know how to revert to old UI - the new one is terrible - I want the artist column back and I don't want to see album cover on every song

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. 

We're sorry to hear that you feel like this. We believe these updates will help us deliver a more streamlined, personalized and meaningful Spotify experience across all of our platforms.

You can check this thread to find more information about the New Desktop Experience and share your feedback there. It is being constantly monitored by the right folks.

Lastly, we'd only recommend downloading the Spotify version currently distributed through the official stores.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know.

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the official reply, Novy.

I took a look at the post you linked to, and I am glad to see that the new Desktop app is a work in progress, which implies that some of these issues will be addressed.

Unfortunately, though, the post also insists on the fact that the new version is more user-friendly, which is patently false. I am really struggling to get it to do what I used to be able to do easily. We have lost access to several crucial functions.

For me, the biggest issues are the fact that it is so difficult to click through to a specific song, and that it is no longer possible to easily add tracks to a playlist without having to scroll through the entire list thereof. The hidden search bar is also a substantial inconvenience (yeah, I get that you want coherence, but convenience is another great word starting in co-).

I understand the need to update the codebase--fair enough. But, as it stands, it has decreased functionality and accessibility. Also, ctrl+? for shortcuts only works if you use a keyboard format that doesn't require one to use the shift key to get to the question mark.

I'll give it a bit of time, but I'll admit I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription if it remains this difficult to use the (really pretty basic) features I expect. I do appreciate the work you folks put into this, but I turn to Spotify to relax and enjoy myself--not to find myself frustrated.

I also strongly disagree with Novy. 
With so many unhappy users I feel spotify should understand that this could lead to lots of users cancelling their subscription if the issues won't get fixed (or at least give the opportunity to choose to use last version, which most users loved). 

@Novy, if there's anything we can do to help the process of getting to a great version, I'm sure most of us would love to help out. We really want spotify to be a great product, which right now, it is not anymore. 

Hey @destine,

Thanks for your reply.

We appreciate your willingness to help us improve the app, as that's always been our aim and with the help of our users, we're constantly doing so.

The best way to help us is by sharing your thoughts and feedback in the blog thread that @Novy shared above. That one is being monitored by the teams in charge and some improvements have already been implemented based on the users' feedback shared there.

Hope this helps. We'll be right here in case you need a hand with anything else.

Take care 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts