Announcements

[Desktop] Can no longer use ctrl + a to select all songs of a playlist/liked songs

Highlighted

[Desktop] Can no longer use ctrl + a to select all songs of a playlist/liked songs

Regular

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Operating System

Windows 10

My Issue

As of today there has been an update that has removed the ability to select multiple songs at once.

I've tried ctrl + a, left-mouse clicking a song and shift clicking to select a region, and ctrl + clicking. All of these worked the in the last update, but now none of them do.
Does anyone know of a new method to select all liked songs, or a way to revert to an older version?

Equally, a way to copy all of the liked songs from one account to another? - to do this I used to create a playlist of all of my liked songs (by selecting them all) and then copying the contense of the playlist to my new accounts liked songs.

Today I tried using spotmybackup (http://www.spotmybackup.com/), but that only works with songs available in America (I'm guessing, because a lot of songs that are available on my uk account, but not on my American account didn't copy)
Any other suggestions? Or are we just stuffed until Spotify does something about it? (Don't know if they've ever brought back a feature though, so I'm not optimistic)

Thanks for any help!

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: [Desktop] Can no longer use ctrl + a to select all songs of a playlist/liked songs

Visitor

Hello,

I am not able to find a answer to your issues. I am here because I would like to know why it has been removed. I switched my Account today and wanted to copy my playlists to my new account...sadly it does not work anymore...

Highlighted

Re: [Desktop] Can no longer use ctrl + a to select all songs of a playlist/liked songs

Regular
Same issue here. This is ridiculous.
I'm a F***ed Up Dancer but My Moods Are Swinging
Highlighted

Composer
Highlighted

Well, I have the same issue on my PC. However, if you have a Mac you can go to the top whilst in Spotify and select all. I have managed to select all on my Windows version before, but it's   hit      and miss and I can't remember how to sorry 😕

Highlighted

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

We'd suggest you start off by restarting the device. Then you can log out and log back in to the account. 

If the songs are still not getting marked, you can check these steps and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing this issue.

You can also try marking all the songs with the steps below:

Mark first song >Scroll to the end >Press Ctrl+shift and click on the last song

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, we are here for you.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
SUGGESTED POSTS