[Desktop] Clicking on album art highlights wrong song in sorted playlists

Solved!

Re: When clicking album art, song selected in playlist is incorrect

Lousan92
Gig Goer

I didn't see this thread and I created another one yesterday regarding the same issue: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Desktop-Problem-with-sorted-playlists/m-p/4737498#M...

Re: [Desktop] Problem with sorted playlists

Justin35
Roadie

Same, started after a recent update.

cpp0x
Casual Listener

Same thing. It's extremely irritating.

Pep
Regular

Me pasa lo mismo colega!

marcusblock
Regular

The same problem has occurred for me this week. Previously clicking on art took me to the right place in the playlist, as long as I sorted the list before starting to play (but sorting afterwards threw it out). Now it only works if the playlist is in default sort (i.e. the order tracks were added). 

Version: 1.1.5.152.gf0f488f1

I also noticed changes to the alphabetical sort at the same time. Double quotation marks are now ignored whereas previously they were sorted before all letters.

marcusblock
Regular

The same problem has occurred for me this week. Previously clicking on art took me to the right place in the playlist, as long as I sorted the list before starting to play (but sorting afterwards threw it out). Now it only works if the playlist is in default sort (i.e. the order tracks were added). 

Version: 1.1.5.152.gf0f488f1

I also noticed changes to the alphabetical sort at the same time. Double quotation marks are now ignored whereas previously they were sorted before all letters.

Lousan92
Gig Goer

Two threads created with many replies each one, and Spotify seems to ignore us...

Re: Issue with album art linking to wrong track in playlists

Bane520
Regular

Noticed that the album art work links to the proper song as long as none of the columns are "ordered". If there is no green check next to any of the columns, the album art link works as it should.

Re: Clicking album art takes me to the wrong song in my playlist

tedsamuelsson
Casual Listener

Have you tried using the default sorting? That seems to be a workaround for me at least. 

If someone else can verify, it seems like the "click on art" currently does not respect the active non-default sorting.

tedsamuelsson
Casual Listener

Have you tried using the default sorting? That seems to be a workaround for me at least. 

If someone else can verify, it seems like the "click on art" currently does not respect the active non-default sorting.

SUGGESTED POSTS